What's new

Parasound lovers: Parasound gear used for Episode II (1 Viewer)

VicQ

Stunt Coordinator
Check out the documentary on disc 2 for Episode II titled "Movies are not released; they escape". About four minutes into the feature, the main sound mixer has a few Parasound gear that he uses in his sound mix studio. It appears he uses a 2205 amplifier in conjunction with some older Parasound gear ;) I guess it has served him so well over the years, he has no need to replace any of it.
-Vic
Yamaha rx-v 1200
Parasound hca 85 amplifier
Toshiba 27a50 tv
Sony 360 DVD player
Xbox

James R. Geib

Stunt Coordinator
If one looks more closely, one can see that he is actually using Bryston gear with Parasound front panel stickers adheared to the front. Parasound payed him to advertise their products for this documentary!

Only kidding. Parasound makes excellent products, and it is fun to see what equipment professionals have in their own studios!

Tony Lai

Stunt Coordinator
To play the devil's advocate... I'm sure Parasound gave them all the free equipment they wanted in return for THX licensing.

I have a Parasound btw. so I'm not biased.

T.

Steve Winkler

Stunt Coordinator
Just curious VicQ, what's a five channel Parasound amp like yours worth these days?? There's one coming up at an auction here soon and might be worth a purchase I'm thinking.

Thanks,

Steve

VicQ

Stunt Coordinator
Steve,

I bought mine a while back when the msrp was $699, I bought the floor model which had only been used once for $375. The 855A is no longer being produced, so the price should be lower. I wouldn't pay more than $500 for a brand new unit. It was a steal even at the $700 price of a few years ago.

-Vic

Yogi

Screenwriter
And in the same disk did anyone notice the use of B&W speakers in their studio?

RobertW

Supporting Actor
there was an article about the lucas arts group a year or so ago in sound and vision mag that mentioned that they use parasound and mark levinson amps when doing their sound mixes.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks