What's new

Parasound in Houston, TX ??? (1 Viewer)

michael!la

Auditioning
Does anyone know where I can find a B&M Parasound dealer in the Houston metro area? I find it hard to believe that in a city of this size nobody carries Parasound. I've been to their (Parasound) website and it does not list any "authorized" retailers in Houston, but I am interested in auditioning/evaluating some their equip so I don't really care if they are "authorized" resellers or not at this point. In the absence of a B&M, does anyone have any ideas or know an e-tailer that permits the auditioning of equipment?

Thanks.
Michael

Burke Strickland

Second Unit
I'm afraid it's a couple of years too late to find a B&M dealer for Parasound in Houston. We had one, (Dynamic Audio/Video), but they went out of business in 2001. Right now, to deal with a B&M, you'd either have to drive to Austin, Dallas or San Antonio to visit a dealer in one of those cities, or contact the local "system integrator" who is listed as authorized by Parasound and see if they have any provision for demos.

As for e-tailers, Parasound generally discourages phone, mail or Internet sales. But if there is someone out here who handles the Parasound line that way, they would probably only send equipment for a sale, not just for auditioning. (Still worth asking, but not likely.) And if you do end up buying, you will want to be dealing with an "authorized reseller" because Parasound says that is the only way they will honor the warranty.

Good luck --

michael!la

Auditioning
Yeah, I've been to Dynamic but like you said they are long gone. I did not realize they were the ONLY game in town for Parasound. There was an "integrator" listed on Parasound's website but not sure if I am wanting to deal with a "middle-man" at this point. I agree with the warranty issues thus the etailer route is not my preferred avenue for these types of purchases. Thanks.

JeffHayes

Stunt Coordinator
Really, guys? So did All Star Audio Video stop dealing in Parasound as well? I know they USED to be a dealer about 3 years ago or so when I bought my Paradigm Speakers from them. They went on and on about what a great match Parasound and Paradigm were. You might want to give them a buzz just to ask. They are located at on the feeder from for I-10 East, just past the intersection with Frontage Road (Beltway 8) just before Bed, Bath and Beyond and Cost Plus.

Not sure if that helps.

Later,
Jeff in Missouri City

Evan S

Senior HTF Member
I just talked to Richard Schram, president of Parasound via e-mail just a couple of hours ago (Yes, the president of the company answered my e-mail...how about that?!?!). I asked him the same question...no local dealer, how do I audition the gear.

He told me that Audio Advisor carries Parasound gear and is the only authorized web retailer of Parasound...I guess they have a good return policy if you aren't satisfied, but I haven't been to the site yet.

Just a heads up.

Chris Rein

Stunt Coordinator
Evan,

Just be warned, you'll pay full retail at Audio Advisor. And yes, I've heard the same thing that they are they only e-tailer that can sell Parasound and will still honor the warranty. I personally wouldn't want those amplifier beasts being tossed around like a rag doll with UPS.

Fortunately, there are two dealers here in Dallas that carry Parasound. I have a couple of things to take care of around the house and then I'm ordering the Halo line. I can't wait.

Chris

Russell _T

Supporting Actor
The Tweeters on I-45 near the Woodlands carried Parasound when I was in there last Summer.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks