What's new

Parasound HCA-855 (1 Viewer)

Daniel T

Stunt Coordinator
I have the chance to buy a Parasound HCA-855 from a authorize dealer. The unit I am thinking about purchasing is a demo. The dealer said he can sell it for $470 dollars. He also has a new one in the box that he would sell for $520 dollars. I have seen post that say you can pick this unit up for around $400 to $450, but I am more interested in making sure this amp will be under warranty. I have read the parasound web page and the warranty is non transferable. I just want to know if any of you guys think this is a good deal. I have noticed that parasound has moved this product to their vintage page so they must have discontinued it since they are coming out with the Halo product.

By the way I have a H/K AVR55 that is rated 55wx5 that I am currently using. I will use this as a pre-pro if I purchase the separate amp. All advice would be greatly appreciated.

Daniel T

DaleV

Agent
I sent an email to Parasound concerning their "classic" line. The reply I received is that they are NOT discontinuing that line it is going to be sold along with the new upper end Halo products. The wording was they will stay current and continue to be sold at dealers across the nation. The Halo line will complement the "Classic" line.

Chris Tsutsui

Screenwriter
I've seen the 855A go on ebay for $355 + shipping more than once. So maybe try to bargain down to $450.

I'm fairly comfortable buying pre-owned solid state amps. Ask yourself if you've ever relied on a warranty, and how much would it cost to have the item serviced if it did break down.

I just feel that parasound has a good name and that solid state amps last so long. But if you feel safer with the warranty and can afford the extra money then that would probably be the wise decision.

Chris Rein

Stunt Coordinator
I can't wait for the Halo line. Their webpage has one of the first higher-res shots of the Halo Amp. Very nice. I'm sure more will be coming this week.

I just hope the sound as good as they look. They are simply gorgeous.

Chris

Daniel T

Stunt Coordinator
After seeing the Halo line I think I am going to wait. I was just wondering if anyone had the inside track on what type of price range these amplifiers will be in. Is this line going to be a higher end product than what they are currently making? Any information would be helpful.

Daniel T

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kisanwiki
Recent bookmarks