What's new

Parasound HCA-3500 (1 Viewer)

Trevor Schell

Supporting Actor
Hi!,
The Parasound HCA-3500 2 Channel amp is discontinued and has been for just a short while.
I am sure there may be some retailers or dealers that would have one available in which they haven't sold through on their inventory as of yet.
Where could one go to start looking for such a treasure?
Thanks,
------------------
Trevor..
shellshock.gif

Link Removed Sonically Enhanced
*Outdated new pictures
due to recent upgrades!
**Equipment list current

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
Here is a link for an audiogon for sale item. Hope that helps. Parasound doesn't authorize any internet sales at all.
Here is a quote from their website.
In order to insure maximum customer satisfaction, Authorized Parasound Dealers are, with only rare exception, prohibited from selling our products by phone, mail, or over the Internet.

Trevor Schell

Supporting Actor
Thanks Shane.
Unfortunately they only ship to within the USA.
------------------
Trevor..
shellshock.gif

*Outdated new pictures
due to recent upgrades!
**Equipment list current

John H

Second Unit
Parasound doesn't authorize any internet sales at all.
Audio Advisor was an "authorized" online dealer the last time I checked with Parasound.
Unfortunately they cleared out their entire stock of 3500's several months ago. I believe at $1450
I always see them showing up at Audiogon. I would just keep checking.
John
------------------
Link Removed
...looking through a glass onion

Oliver

Stunt Coordinator
@Trevor
You might also consider a HCA 2003. I recently bought one very cheap used for my front speakers system in combination with my Denon AVC A1SE. Now the Parasound amp is really a power monster and you can hear that. The sound is very smooth, the last bit of harshness is absolutely gone and a sealed door to a new level of details in the hole frequency range was opened. The bass performs better too.
Why I took the HCA 2003? Well because in my philosophy the Center channel is the most important in the setup. And so it is. While I already had an external Marantz MA 6100 for the center, with the HCA 2003 another big improvement in dialog clarity has been reached. The difference between the AVC A1SE own internal amps and the HCA 2003 is now a day and night difference.
Again, do not forget about the center. You would be surprised about the improvement potential.

Michael D

Stunt Coordinator
Trevor,
Did you ever get in touch with that guy at Kennedy HiFi, Benny I think. I know they had one becuase he sent me an
e-mail about it when I was looking for the same amp. What did he want for it???
------------------

Trevor Schell

Supporting Actor
Hi!,
Oliver,,what is the power rating of the HCA-2003?
Michael,,I have e-mailed a couple of times but have received no replies.
Robert,,I took a look , but no luck.
Thanks,
------------------
Trevor..
shellshock.gif

*Outdated new pictures
due to recent upgrades!
**Equipment list current

Oliver

Stunt Coordinator
@Trevor
It is rated at 200 Watt at 8 Ohm all 3 channel simultaneous output and 300 at 4 Ohm. At least so are the specs. But my guess is that there is more. The 1,2 kW power supply has separate windings for each channel.
Not to forget that you can find the amp for under 800$ at ebay. The combination will give you that bit of warm sound that is missing with the AVC A1SE alone. At least it is so in my case.
Of course I believe the AVC 3500 will have more power. While I do not know if if will sound better, for the price I would expect so. I just wanted to give you an alternative with the HCA 2003 if you believe like I do that the center channel should be treated the same way the front left and right speakers are.
Whatever you will buy, these Parasound monsters are a serious improvement and I can really recommend the HCA 2003.
[Edited last by Oliver on September 23, 2001 at 12:37 PM]

Trevor Schell

Supporting Actor
Thanks John.
Oliver,,I already have the 5 channels of the HCA-2205 driving my front three channels. The fronts are Bi-amped.
I can agree with your statements.
I want the HCA 3500 for a 2 channel set-up.
------------------
Trevor..
shellshock.gif

*Outdated new pictures
due to recent upgrades!
**Equipment list current

John H

Second Unit
It is rated at 200 Watt at 8 Ohm all 3 channel simultaneous output and 300 at 4 Ohm. At least so are the specs. But my guess is that there is more.
I used to own a HCA-2003, the predecessor to the HCA-2003A.
I contacted Parasound and inquired about the power rating discrepancy between the two.
When the 2003 waas released it was conservatively rated at 200w @ 8 ohms. When they added the 'A' 12 V trigger they changed the power rating to
>220 watts RMS x 3, 20 Hz - 20 kHz, 8 ohms, all channels driven
>300 watts RMS x 3, 20 Hz - 20 kHz, 4 ohms, all channels driven
John
------------------
Link Removed
...looking through a glass onion

Michael D

Stunt Coordinator
Trevor,
I think they recently moved or are in the process of re-doing their website. They are in Markham Ontario and I believe the number is 905-474-0330. I e-mailed them too and they take forever to reply, might be worth giving them a call.
------------------

Bhagi Katbamna

Supporting Actor
Hey, Trevor, I just bought a Cinepro 3K6II from their website on clearance for $2400. This is a 6 channel unit and can be bridged to 3 channels.
Check it out Link Removed

J

John Morris

Trevor: Stay true to your quest!!!
the 3500 is a holy grail amp, keep searching for it an you will find it!!!
John Curl will provide!
------------------
Take Care,
merc
----------------
Link Removed
God Bless America!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks