Parasound HCA-2205AT and Paradigm studio 60's

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by greggor, Dec 26, 2003.

1. greggor

greggor Second Unit

Greg
    I was wondering if I could get some feedback on the above combination. I am basically trying to upgrade my sound stage from what I am currently getting with my Sony 777ES. I will be using my 777ES as a preamp until a dedicated pre-amp is purchased in the future.

All opinions are welcome, and as always I appreciate the feedback.

Greg

2. Ernest Yee

Ernest Yee Supporting Actor

That's always been a good combo - just like Paradigm and the Rotels. Paradigm is known to be neutral/bright and the Parasound is warm/full sounding - so it's a good match.

3. greggor

greggor Second Unit

Greg
    Anyone care to comment on the Parasound 2205???

Greg

4. BobRoulier

BobRoulier Second Unit

I own a Parasound 2205 that I use with my paradigm studio 100s I find the amp to be warm but detailed and lots of punch, the bass is very defined. I personally think that its one of the best price/performance amps on the market today[​IMG]

In regards to the paradigms being neutral/bright I have to disagree at least with the theta casablanca and parasound amp I currently use. I have had a couple high end speakers in my home recently and the 100s were definitely laid back compared to
    Theil 3.4 (?) 4k retail
    B&W 804s
    monitor audio gold reference

I considered upgrading to these but I found they were a little better all around but not worth twice the money.

paradims are one hell of a buy period[​IMG]

5. greggor

greggor Second Unit

Greg
    Bob,

Thanks for your response. Knowing this amp drives your 100's with ease is definately re-assuring since I feel my current set up is starving me from hearing the true potential of my 60's.

I couldn't agree more. I have been a proud Paradigm owner since 1997 and have yet to find a speaker that out performs for the same price.

Regards,
    Greg