parasound hca-2205 owners

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Kevin T, Dec 5, 2001.

1. Kevin T

Kevin T Screenwriter

i'm looking to purchase a 200+ watt 5 channel amp in the future but am limited by the size of the rack i have. the rack only allows for 18.5" depth. the parasound hca-2205 says it's depth is 19" but i noticed there are heat fins on the back that stick out. what is the depth from the front of the amp to the end of the rear feet? i don't mind if the amp pokes out a little in the back, i just don't want it in any danger of falling off the rack. thanks for your input.

kevin t

2. David S

David S Stunt Coordinator

Kevin - I will try to help. Do a search under David S and you will find I asked and received good info on same issue. I believe Treavor and Rin provided the info. Yes the fins stick out, but actually the rear handles stick out further. I bought the 2205AT and its in an enclosed cabinet that is 23 inches deep and is tight. I pulled it forward some and have left alot a room on top (10 inches) and about 4 inches on each side. I assume your rack is open. I believe you will be fine, as the four feet on amp should fit on your shelf, with the back of amp clearing back of shelf. Would recommend bottom shelf placement because of this, but you should be fine.

You will love this amp. Ive only had for 3 weeks, but with every listen it gets better. Loads of good clean power, great stereo only sound, and for HT, "forget about it"!

On Monday I received a Ultimate Outlet from PS Audio, and am anticipating even better things.

What kind of prices are you seeing. In Los Angeles, you will find it new for $1,650 + tax. If interested, let me know, as dealer is a internet + local seller, and is authorized.

3. Kevin T

Kevin T Screenwriter

thanks david...will do the search. i rarely have much luck using the search so i just don't use it much anymore. i haven't compared prices much yet...just getting some ideas. i've been kicking around the sherbourn 5/1500a and the anthem mca-5. i had an acurus a200x5 and it was a great little amp (had to sell due to finances) but it had a high pitched squeel (probably capacitor discharge) on shut down that made me uneasy about it. i'm looking to spend less than $1500 so perhaps the hca-2205 is out of my range...like i said though, just getting ideas.

kevin t

4. David S

David S Stunt Coordinator

Your welcome. Also, with effort you probably could locate the 2205 for $1500. Used for sure, but my understanding is Parasound is introducing higher end stuff in January, hence the 2205 may drop some more. The MSRP went from $2,495 to $1,995 not long ago. I saw it at Good Guys (chain store) for $1,699 after I picked it up for $1,650. Never know, but another couple hundred off, and a new one is in your budget. At these prices, this AMP seems like its really hard to beat. Thats not to say the Anthem is a solid AMP as well, cause based on all reviews, seems that way. The Parasound "specs" seem a cut above, but we all know specs are specs, its the sound that matters. There is also the Outlaw 750, and the ATI 1505 that would fit you budget. My dealer carries the ATI, I think his price is around $1,400 or so.

5. Nate Haley

Nate Haley Agent

"What kind of prices are you seeing. In Los Angeles, you will find it new for $1,650 + tax. If interested, let me know, as dealer is a internet + local seller, and is authorized."

David,

Could you tell me the name of the dealer? I'm am looking at getting this amp very soon.

Thanks