What's new

Parasound HCA-1500A and multiroom volume controls. (1 Viewer)

jack x

Stunt Coordinator
Hi, I am considering purchasing a Parasound HCA-1500A amplifier for use in a multi room setup. I understand there is a seperate forum for audio distribution, but this question pertains to the capabilities of the amplifier.

Parasound HCA-1500A specs:
205 watts RMS x 2 (8-ohms both channels driven)
315 watts RMS x 2 (4-ohms both channels driven)

Should the amp see a 4 ohm load or 8-ohm load when setting the volume controls (NILES VCS-100R). This amp seems quite capable of 4-ohm loads for an extended period of time, but I don't want to overdrive the 1500A.

I am using 8-ohm speakers, and I will set the volume control for that. They are rated for a mixture of 5-50 watts (Sonance 621) ; 15-75 watts Paradigm approximately.

Also any comments on how the Parasound HCA-1500A amp compares to the ROTEL RMB-1080 (200 watts RMS x 2 (8-ohms both channels driven) would be greatly appreciated.

THANKS,
Jack

JohnnyC

Auditioning
I am a bit of a novice, but for multi room, I have been looking at the yamaha. The yamaha offers 3 room controls 2 of which are remote controled. Good power for each zone and a fair amount of power. I joined the fourm just to learn if there are errors in my ways. Seriously, I am looking to upgrade my integra 7.1 to the yamaha 2400 (up to $1000 cost). needless to say, I am in search of soemone to make me smarter

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks