Parasound Halo

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Steve_Corrick, Mar 1, 2003.

1. Steve_Corrick

Steve_Corrick Stunt Coordinator

Has anyone here had the chance to audition the new Parasound Halo C1 processor with the new Halo amps or new Parasound 400w Mono-blocks ? If yes - What speakers were used, What components were connected, SACD ? DVDA ? etc.? How were the demo room accoustics, etc ? What do you think about these new units ? No local Parasound dealers where I can see and hear these in person [​IMG]

2. Evan S

Evan S Cinematographer

Steve, I am very close to pulling the trigger on a Halo A21 amp. I will be running it using an Anthem AVM-20 and will have a pair of Paradigm Studio 40's and ACI 25th Anniversary Sapphires to test it on. Estimated time of arrival for the amp into my system is about 7-10 days or so, so I will report back my findings.

3. John H

John H Second Unit

I have been using a C2 in my system since 02/07/03

The difference between the two controllers is the C2 has a...

- Vacuum fluorescent display instead of TFT screen
    - No inductor post-filtering of power supply
    - One less component video input

When I e-mailed Richard Schram of Parasound about the differences he replied...

"You are correct about the primary differences between the C 1 and C 2.
    They run the same Software and operate similarly.
    The simple fact is that we under-priced the C 2 to disrupt the industry a bit."

I am very pleased with the piece. I had used an AVC-2500 for a couple of years. I sold it about a year ago as it was becoming somewhat sound format outdated. I used a Pioneer VSX-49TX receiver as a pre/pro while waiting for the HALO controllers to make their debut.

My associated equipment can be seen at my site by clicking on my signature link below.

John