What's new

Parasound AVC-2500 Prologic decoding Q (1 Viewer)

Hey, AVC-2500 owners I have a question for you. According to the Parasound manual and Parasound tech support, when in Cinema mode the AVC-2500 is supposed to default to Prologic mode when presented with a 2 channel Dolby Digital signal. However, I have several DVDs where this does not happen, including the Limited Edition Director's Cut of Army of Darkness. For this DVD, and some others, the preamp will default to Dolby Digital Stereo even when in Cinema mode and presented with a 2ch Dolby Digital signal. Although I assume these discs do not have the surround/prologic flag set properly on the disc itself, it would make sense that the AVC-2500 should go into Prologic mode anyway. Why? Because there is no way to force the AVC-2500 into Prologic mode. So now with some of my movies I am stuck watching in stereo when they should be in Prologic. Has any other AVC-2500 owners had similar/contradictory experiences? Email me at [email protected] thanks!
------------------
Dai miei incubi e nei miei sogni -
Un' Esistenza Rovinata...

rin

Stunt Coordinator
Pete,
I don't have the Limited Edition Director's cut of Army of Darkness and have only had my 2500 a couple of weeks. Could you list some more discs that this happens on and if I have some of them, I'll try it out.
rin
------------------
My Home Theater

Hmm thats the only one i know for sure off the top of my head. I think it happens with some of the early Polygram discs too, such as Fargo, and I think it happens with Universal's Fletch too. If you just have the Director's Cut of AOD, that's the same thing as the LTD ED Director's cut. Go through some of your older 2ch Dolby Digital DVDs and see if you can get your AVC-2500 to NOT decode in Prologic when in Cinema mode. Thanks a lot!
------------------
Dai miei incubi e nei miei sogni -
Un' Esistenza Rovinata...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks