What's new

Parasound 1205 Being Discontinued (1 Viewer)

KenRen

Stunt Coordinator
All,

Just heard that the Parasound 1205A is going out of stock and being discontinued for its new model. Not that it's all bad, new is good. Supposedly the new model will not be ready until Nov/Dec timeframe so I thought I better get a 12005 before they are all gone. Picking up a model this week.

By the way, anyone using the Parasound with Energy speakers?

Am I making a good decision?

Thanks,
Ken

Marvin

Screenwriter
Real Name
Marvin
I don't know about that model. But maybe the fact that they're discontinued will mean they'll turn up at lower prices on places like uBid (I got the 855A there for about $350).

I am using the Parasound 1205 to power my Energy Veritas speakers, and I remain very satisified. I know of another who uses it with his paradigm reference series speakers and, last I heard, he was very happy as well!

Kevin

DanaA

Screenwriter
And, imo, it's a great amp. Follow the tip to keep an eye out for auctioning off the 1205A's at Ubid.com. I got mine there for a GREAT price the last time they were selling the Parasounds. At least at the time, they were an authorized dealer and carried Parasounds full 10 year warranty.

Michael Mathius

Senior HTF Member
System 1
Denon 3802
Parasound 1205
Energy Veritas 2.4, 2.0C, 2.0R

System 2
Denon 3803
Energy Veritas 2.2i, 2.0iC, 2.0R
Also looking to add a Parasound amp

Pure Energy (priceless):D

Ralph P.

Stunt Coordinator
Greetings,

I have a 1205A and use it with Paradigm Reference speakers. Definitely a match made in heaven.

The only authorized online dealer for Parasound is Audio Advisor. They can be found at www.audioadvisor.com.

CurtisC

Second Unit
I run Rotel 1068 through my 1205a and am very happy with the sound/power,very nice w/music.

JamieS

Stunt Coordinator
I recently bought a used 1203A (the discontinued 3 ch version of the 1205A). I'm using it to power my Paridigm Monitor 7 CC370 and Mini Montior setup with a Rotel RSX 1055 as a Pre Pro and driving the rears.

I am very happy with it. the noise floor is alittle higher than some but I find it sounds great has all the power I need for my room and I find it smoother and more detailed than the very decent internal rotel amps. 140 WPc IS A BIT MORE THAN THE power in simialr priced Anthem and Rotel separtes.

If there are good deals to be had when they discontinue this amp grab it up

Vinny Petronio

Stunt Coordinator
My system has the parasound 3500u paired up with the 1205a
and pushing four cdm7nts with matching center been running this set up for 3yrs now and I love it the amp is all I will ever need

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks