What's new

PARASITE -- Full Moon or Anchor Bay version? (1 Viewer)

Mark Edward Heuck

Screenwriter
Not that it's a terribly good or memorable film, but I'm just wondering which version of the former 3-D film PARASITE is the better DVD? I know Anchor Bay just released a new DVD of it with a 5.1 stereo mix. But that disc is rather bare bones, with only a trailer. Whereas the previous Full Moon disc had all sorts of fun stuff on it, like trailers for other films, behind-the-studio-scenes, etc. Has this been discontinued, or is this another one of those "dual license situations" like the one involving NATURAL BORN KILLERS (WB with the R cut, Lions Gate/Trimark with the uncut)? I know that while Charles Band produced the film, Embassy released it, and it is Embassy licensor StudioCanal that is credited with copyright on Anchor Bay's disc. But this is the first time in years anyone connected with the former Embassy has asserted this title; Band's been selling it on tape and disc for over ten years now. Anyone out there in the know?

Steve Phillips

Screenwriter
Anchor Bay recently receoved the rights to the film. Their DVD is widescreen, which would give it the edge. However, since it still presents this 3-D film in flat format; why bother? Seek out the excellent field sequential 3-D tape instead. Anchor Bay had toyed with the idea of putting this 3-D version on their disc; they should have followed through.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks