What's new

Parasite (2019) (1 Viewer)

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I was just coming here to post that same article @Tino. Thanks for beating me to it. It's a very interesting piece and perspective and I would encourage everyone interested to read it.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
Parasite was added to Hulu last night and I watched it today. Fantastic film! Like many here suggested, I went into it "blind" only knowing it was a "class" driven narrative. Funny, sad, dramatic but never feeling disjointed. Excellent cast. I REALLY want to see that house!!!!

Wow. That went places I didn't expect. (no spoilers)

There is more story here than in five domestic releases. I can only hope they don't decide to do an 'American' version of this and ruin what's already pretty spectacular (does anyone remember what they did to The Vanishing?)

Bold. Bravo.

I LOVED the original version of The Vanishing. The American bastardization was such a letdown. Same with Funny Games.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Deadline said:
Lee Sen-kyun, who starred in the Best Picture-winning film Parasite, has died according to multiple wire reports after going missing in Seoul, South Korea. He was 48.

Authorities had been searching for the actor after his family reported finding a message akin to a suicide note. South Korean media reported that Lee was found dead in a car at a Seoul park.

He had been arrested and was under investigation after drug use allegations amid an ongoing crackdown on illegal drugs by the South Korean government. As a result, Lee reportedly dropped out of the drama No Way Out, which had just started production.

Local news service Yonhap reported that Lee had been questioned multiple times by authorities, including for 19 hours this past weekend. The actor had said he was tricked into taking drugs.

Lee starred as the wealthy architect whose family lives a seemingly charmed life in Parasite. He and his fellow cast members won the SAG Award for Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture in 2020.
More at the link:
May he Rest In Peace.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks