What's new

Paramount's September DVDs announced (1 Viewer)

Sean Patrick

Supporting Actor
David -

that is great news! will it actually be a paramount release, though? any word on theatrical vs. director's cut?

thanks

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
Hm, other than CSI Season 2 I guess Paramount doesn't want my money. A sad accumulation of titles. :thumbsdown: And of course, Four Flies on Grey Velvet and Danger:Diabolik are still nowhere to be seen. :angry:

Nate Anderson

Screenwriter
I have always had a soft spot for Milk Money. It was filmed in Cincinnati when I lived there and Melanie Griffith has never looked more beautiful than in that movie.
Alright...I'll admit it...I liked this one too. It's kinda a guilty pleasure though...

Also, Nobody's Fool is a good one (also has Melanie Griffith in it...hmm)

And finally, I.Q, the charming movie with Meg Ryan, Tim Robbins and a wonderful performance from Walter Matthau as Albert Einstein.

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member
Nothing in this batch for me. :thumbsdown:

No worries though as I'll be picking up the Hammer releases, the Indy box & OUATITW in Oct/Nov. :D

BTW - I'm still waiting for these Paramount "A" list titles to be released on DVD:

The Spy Who Came in From the Cold
Counterfeit Traitor
Hud
Monty Walsh
Heats of Darkness

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
I'll echo everyone's appreciation of Nobody's Fool, a very nice, underrated film from Robert Benton with fine performances by Willis and Newman. I'll be adding that to the collection, but will pass on the remaining titles.

( Not a Paramount film, but re: Michael Ritchie - still waiting upon MGM to release Smile. )

Finally, there are plenty of Paramount titles that I'm still awaiting ( some of which have already been mentioned in this thread ) including:

1492: Conquest of Paradise - forthcoming?
Black Sunday - on the schedule?
Casanova's Big Night
The Colossus of New York
The Conformist
Cool World - I'm probably the only person in the world that likes this guilty pleasure. :)
Danger: Diabolik
The Day of the Locust - next year?
Dragonslayer - forthcoming
The File of Thelma Jordan - Paramount or Universal?
The Friends of Eddie Coyle
Hearts of Darkness: A Filmmaker's Apocalypse
Hud - forthcoming
If....
The Joker Is Wild
The Keep
Last Train from Gun Hill
Miracle of Morgan's Creek - this year? next year?
The Naked Jungle
The Naked Prey
The Night Has A Thousand Eyes - Paramount or Universal?
Once Upon A Time In The West - this year hopefully.
Phase IV
Pretty Baby
The President's Analyst
Reds - forthcoming?
Robinson Crusoe on Mars - Yeah I know, don't hold my breath. :frowning:
Testament
We're No Angels (1955)
Wings - forthcoming
Young Sherlock Holmes

- Walter.

John Hodson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
If... is forthcoming and was due this year, but is now, according to Paramount, 'unlikely', and will now be a 2004 release.

---
So many films, so little time...

Gordon McMurphy

Senior HTF Member
is forthcoming and was due this year, but is now, according to Paramount, 'unlikely', and will now be a 2004 release.
I was really disappointed to hear that when it was originally announced, but I have no problem waiting. I'm sure it will be a terrific release. It's one of my favourite films.

"One man can change the world with a bullet in the right place." - Mick Travis (Malcolm McDowell)

Gordy

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Thanks fellas. I qualified some of the titles more on the basis of my hazy memory vs. any other reason. I was reasonbably certain that OUATITW was in November; but I've learned to never count on a title until I actually have it in my hands.

- Walter.

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Regarding Henry, Nobody's Fool and I.Q. will be for me.

And thanks Walter, for posting that list. May I add just a few?
Daniel (1983), Sidney Lumet
Double Indemnity (1944),Billy Wilder
Shogun, miniseries (1980), Jerry London
The Tin Star (1957), Anthony Mann

I know that Double Indemnity has been released on DVD, but it's nowhere available anymore (new) and needs a new release.
The Shogun miniseries is not a feature film, but it should be on DVD a.s.a.p. :)

Cees

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Cees,

No wish list can ever be too long. :)

The home video rights for most of the pre '50s Paramount titles, including Double Indemnity are now controlled by Universal. There are a number of older films that I wish Paramount still controlled, but we are going to have to wait for Universal; although to be fair they are spending more time on their catalog these days. Films such as Double Indemnity, The Glass Key, Ministry of Fear, This Gun For Hire and some of the works of Ernst Lubitsch come to mind.

- Walter.

James L White

Supporting Actor
2 more I'd love to see from Paramount.

Summer School, my VHS copy is worn out!!!!!!!

Crazy People-hilarious movie I'd buy on DVD

Jon_Are

Senior HTF Member
Just in case one of you are not yet convinced, Nobody's Fool is, in my mind, an absolute treasure.

I'm thrilled that Nobody's Fool is coming out -- and I couldn't recommend the book, by Richard Russo, more highly.
Stu, you took the words right out of my mouth. Russo is a wonderful talent; I've also read his Mohawk, The Risk Pool, and Straight Man.

Jon

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks