What's new

Paramount: tv series for 2004 (1 Viewer)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I know you have been releasing Trek, CSI and some sitcoms. But, any word on your classic series like Wild Wild West and Mission Impossible. And speaking of Mission Impossible. Do you think the new version of the show that came out in 1990 will ever make it to dvd? And finally, what are the chances of some of your UPN shows like 7 Days, Special Unit 2 coming to dvd?

Thanks!

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
Another vote for Get Smart! (season sets only)

Given his own health situation and the family tragedy he is going through at the moment, it may be too late to secure the involvement of Don Adams, but it wouldn't hurt Paramount to ask.

Steve

Peter M Fitzgerald

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Fitzgerald
I vote for:

THE FUGITIVE: SEASON 1 (1963-64) --possibly already in the works?
THE ADDAMS FAMILY: SEASON 1 (1964-65)
THE WILD WILD WEST: SEASON 1 (1965-66)

Short-run series:

POLICE SQUAD! (1982)
THE WESTERNER (1960) --Sam "WILD BUNCH" Peckinpah's TV show!

Scott D S

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott Saslow

I know this is off-topic but being a big fan of Get Smart (and Inspector Gadget), I have to ask, what tragedy?

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
This is a probably a longshot, but I'll jump in with Survivor. Also more Real World, and the Real World/Road Rules challenges.

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I second the request for Police Squad (my usual Paramount request).

Daniel, around the time of Survivor Season 2, Martin posted that due to poor sales of the Season 1 compilatio DVD, season sets of the series won't be released. Chances are, they'll stick to that.

Peter, Warner owns the original Fugitive series.

Peter M Fitzgerald

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Fitzgerald
Wow, TV rights can be even trickier to keep track of than movie rights! :b

I thought THE ADDAMS FAMILY and the original FUGITIVE were both part of the WorldVision catalog, which was absorbed by Spelling Entertainment, which itself was swallowed up by Paramount/Viacom. But then, GREEN ACRES and MR. ED were, like THE ADDAMS FAMILY, originally Filmways productions, and MGM has those now, so this would make sense.

How did Warner get ahold of the old FUGITIVE episodes? The 1993 Harrison Ford movie was via WB, but did they somehow buy up the home video rights to the TV series at that time as well? If so, that sounds a bit odd. Unless they acquired it some other way.

James Landau

Stunt Coordinator
Peter,

There's a bit of incorrect information in this thread so I'm going to correct it before it starts getting spread around as fact.

The Addams Family — To my knowledge, this has never been a part of Worldvision's catalog. It's definitely owned by MGM as it is currently being broadcast locally and their vanity tag appears immediately after the Filmways tag. (Curiously, the Filmways tag on the first episode is unique. It has Ted Cassidy's booming voice saying "This has been a Filmways presentation." The remaining episodes all have a silent tag.)

The Fugitive — This is part of the Worldvision catalog and is definitely owned by Paramount as their Domestic Syndication arm currently lists The Fugitive and other Worldvision properties as being available through them. Interestingly, both The Streets of San Francisco and Little House on the Prairie (both Worldvision properties available through Paramount) have recently aired locally and they end with the Worldvision tag but no Paramount. Maybe they're trying to keep the Worldvision name as a separate brand?

A similar situation exists with The Wild Wild West. The theatrical movie was through Warner Bros. but the series itself is owned by Viacom/Paramount.

In regard to Green Acres, were The Beverly Hillbillies and Petticoat Junction Filmways productions? Those two series are available through Paramount Domestic Syndication while Green Acres is MGM. Seems rather odd since all three shows share common roots.

Scott D S

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott Saslow
I'd like to put in a request for Get Smart and Police Squad (only 6 episodes and can easily fit on a single DVD).

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
As long as we're requesting things, how about 7TH HEAVEN? I think that's a Paramount series (even though it airs on The WB and ABC Family, go figure.) I'd love to see season sets of that and would buy them in a second (assuming of course that I can afford them, but that's another story.) Anyway, that's my request.

Tom Brennan

Screenwriter
Real Name
(see above)
Fugitive is a must own for me. I can't wait to be able to get rid of my Fugitive VHS collection!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks