What's new

Paramount tv Cheers & Jeers.... (1 Viewer)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I have noticed that Paramount is starting to release more tv shows on dvd besides Trek. And while I am very happy they are releasing both Cheers and Frasier. I also have notice they are releasing another season of The Real World. While, that is good also. I am just bummed they are not releasing some of their other classic drama series. For example Wild Wild West and Mission Impossible. Hopefully, will their change in attitude we will finally get these 2 shows on dvd.

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
All in good time. I think Mission Impossible has a fair chance when MI3 comes out. I think they are planning on next summer for that one, but I could be wrong.

I'm dissapointed that The Real World is coming out with the Las Vegas season rather than season 2 (or 3 for that matter). I hope the earlier seasons don't get shorted.

I am VERY happy with the price points on Cheers and Frasier. I hope that more Paramount releases can be so reasonable.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Real World is MTV; Paramount merely distributes it. When MTV says, "We're ready, here ya go!", Paramount basically says "okay".

If I'm wrong about that, I invite more enlightened people to correct me. But I don't think distributing episodes of Real World is slowing down Paramount's resources any.

Esten

Supporting Actor
As long as Cheers is in its OAR,then i'm cool.
I remember reading a year or so ago about Paramount making tilt & scan versions of the series for future HDTV broadcasts.Ugh.:frowning:

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member
I'm dissapointed that The Real World is coming out with the Las Vegas season rather than season 2 (or 3 for that matter). I hope the earlier seasons don't get shorted.
I just hope they don't do what they did to season 1, eliminate the opening and closing credits and treat the whole season as one 6 hour or however long track. When you go to episode selection, it just jumps to 22 or 44 or 1 hour 6 minutes into the disc, doesn't even show the opening.

Chuck L

Screenwriter
Continue with Lucy and get some clearance issues figured out and get Laverne and Shirley on DVD and that would be all the Paramount TV product that I would need or want. In other worlds, I am glad for the Cheers fans...but sorry, I will be getting Columbia's Angel's sets.

Sean Laughter

Screenwriter
I will buy The Real World's Miami season, why anyone could possibly be interested in the Las Vegas season is beyond me.

Eugene Esterly

Supporting Actor
I just wish that Paramount would bring out season sets of Mission: Impossible & The Brady Bunch. I would also pick up The Addams Family show from the 1960's in season format (I heard that Paramount owns the rights to Addams Family which is one of my favorite TV shows)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks