What's new

Paramount to release original "Friday the 13th" on February 3 (1 Viewer)

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
It's good to see that Paramount isn't wasting time on stuff like Sunset Boulevard or The African Queen and is releasing the real classics.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

All smart aleck-ness aside, I love F13 so I'm pretty excited to get this.

Zack Gibbs

Screenwriter
If there were an African Queen remake coming out next February I'm sure we would see that as well.

MattFini

Supporting Actor
Go ahead and make snarky comments all you want, Travis!

This is honestly the one (well, all eight Paramount films, really) announcement that I've been waiting for.

In terms of sheer playability there is not another group of films I watch more often. Let's hope Paramount does all 8, and does them right!!!

LarryH

Supporting Actor

By George, you've got the key! All we need to do is get someone to do a remake - surely with the copycat mode in which Hollywood operates, this is a plausible project - I'm surprised it isn't already in development.

Paul Arnette

Senior HTF Member
Is this the first time the unrated cut of Friday the 13th has made an appearance on home video, or am I confusing this 'milestone' with another one of the numerous sequels?

MattFini

Supporting Actor
I remember getting the DVD of the first two F13 flicks back in the late 90s and being AMAZED by the level of detail that was opened up.

I expect to have that feeling again in a few months!

Rolando

Screenwriter
I remember just staring at the day scenes on the original DVD release... the green on the trees was just so nice. It was almost jarring.
I can't wait to see this again on BD. Darn it, just when I had decided to cut back... Wel I have 4 months to save up

MattFini

Supporting Actor
I really hope Paramount will also release Fridays 2 and 3 on Blu-Ray the same day. Since they're hitting DVD that day as well, I've got my fingers crossed that Paramount will give us Blus of those sequels as well.

And please, when it comes to releasing parts 5-8, use the ORIGINAL cover art and NOT those Photoshop Eyesores that plauged the later releases. Those were just disgusting.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks