What's new

Paramount to release "It Came from Hollywood"! Cool! (1 Viewer)

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
According to The Digital Bits Rumor Mill, Paramount should be releasing this one on 7/16.
Any movie buff who is roughly my age (the big 3-0) should certainly remember It Came from Hollywood. John Candy, Dan Aykroyd, Cheech & Chong and Gilda Radner perform some silly-but-fun movie-related sketches and offer MST3K-ish voice-overs set to monster movie clips from the 50's!
(Did that make sense?)
This is one I'll definitely own, although I certainly anticipate a bare-bones presentation.
Maybe Universal will pony up with Terror in the Aisles someday! :D

Rachael B

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rachael Bellomy
This is great news! Back in '87 this is one of the first LD's I got. The LD is P & S. I think the aspect ratio should be 1.85 to 1? I'm anxious to see it in it's proper aspect ratio. How can you not love a film that has a section devoted to Ed Wood's 'D' films, narated by John Candy? Gilda Radner is so good in the gorilla section. I love the big ape who shoots a "bird"! Some of the movie clips in this one are just priceless! :) I was beginning to wonder if this film had been permanently assigned to the dust bin. Thanks for this post that brightened my day!

Larry Schneider

Second Unit
Many of the clips were from 1.33:1 material and were cropped to fit the 1.85 screen; this is one instance where fullscreen wouldn't bother me.

George_Reis

Stunt Coordinator
I saw this in the theaters in '82, and watched it on TV and video about 50 times since! Great clips.

Amazing Collosal Man: "I don't want to grow anymore!!!"

Tommy Chong's reply: "Except maybe some hair."

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Oh, I want this one big time. I just love this loving look at some of Hollywood's greatest bad movies.

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
While some of the movie was fun, I was never happy with the fact they considered THE DAY THE EARTH STOOD STILL to be a "bad" movie. And they certainly didn't get the section on Ed Wood correct.

George_Reis

Stunt Coordinator
Don't forget such other non "bad" movies in there like CREATURE FROM THE BLACK LAGOON, WAR OF THE WORLDS and FRANKENSTEIN AND THE MONSTER FROM HELL.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
You know, I had forgotten all this (believe it or not). So, on second thought, forget it. I don't want it.

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Paramount has taken this off of their July schedule because of those dreaded "clearance problems." Martin Blythe has confirmed this in this thread at DVDTalk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks