Paramount : TNG Trailers

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Richard Ruffner, Jan 10, 2002.

1. Richard Ruffner

Richard Ruffner Stunt Coordinator

I haven't seen this specified anywhere, but it'd be really nice to have the next episode trailers on the TNG discs, like was done for the TOS discs. So don't know if they are on there or not, but it would really add to the collections.

Richard

2. John Berggren

John Berggren Producer

I'd agree with that. I don't think the 30-60 second spots would interfere with the integrity of the video quality. If I'm wrong, perhaps on disc 7. Definitely include event trailers, such as the marketting for All Good Things...

3. Martin Blythe

Martin Blythe Second Unit

No trailers, sorry.

4. Richard Ruffner

Richard Ruffner Stunt Coordinator

Thanks for the answer, even though it wasn't what I wanted to hear [​IMG] Actually, I had figured that this would be the answer, since the trailers were never to be found on the LD's either.

5. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

6. PhilipG

PhilipG Cinematographer

That's a real shame. However, all the trailers can be found on CDROM in "Star Trek: The Next Generation Companion" (albeit in a shockingly low resolution).
    I hope Paramount can at least add these trailers in the DVDROM section, and include proper MPEG2 trailers for DS9 etc. [​IMG]

7. David Lambert

8. Jason_V

Jason_V Producer

Jason
    Mr. Blythe, as always thank you for keeping us all up to date on what's coming in the pipeline. I do have one rather big question, though.

Why will the trailers and related ad campaigns not be with the set? For example, there is a 90 second launch commercial for the series floating around the internet. I also remember cards/stickers in loaves of bread; surely someone has access to these materials and can put them in a gallery of some kind. Are there rights problems associated with the trailers and ad campaigns or was their omission a conscious decision by Paramount?

Thank you for any information you can provide.

9. Nigel McN

Nigel McN Supporting Actor

maybe Best Buy has an exclusive on them, they appear to be giving a cdrom away with the trailers on along with your TNG purchase.

10. David Lambert

Already discussed here

11. Martin Blythe

Martin Blythe Second Unit

No, I believe itwas clearance issues again.

12. David Lambert

Thanks, Martin.

What about the CD-ROM I mention that Best Buy says at their web site that they're giving away with Season 1? Is this, to your knowledge, a Best Buy exclusive? Or will other retailers/e-tailers give this away, too? Or the disc be shrinkwrapped inside the Season 1 box somehow?

Any ideas about how this works? Or should I contact Best Buy?