What's new

Paramount - The Monster Squad is wanted on DVD! (1 Viewer)

Walt Riarson

Supporting Actor
Reading through a few old threads asking various studios from Anchor Bay to Columbia/Tri-Star to release this one, someone finally shed some light as to who really owned the rights to this one: Paramount.

When can we see this one on store shelves? A Fred Dekker director's commentary with Stan Winston (who did FX) and maybe some of the cast would be quite interesting, as would any Stan Winston behind the scenes FX footage you can dig up.

This has been out of print for too long, and is extremely sought-after on DVD. There is a market for films like this. Look at sales for The Goonies.

Paramount, when can we expect this one, and is it possible for you to give this title a few added features like what I've described above?

Walt Riarson

Supporting Actor
"The Monster Squad" is soon to be a Paramount title. It's one of Viacom's Taft Entertainment titles (the others being the aforementioned "Light Of Day" and the issued-by-Artisan "The Running Man").
:)

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
To be more specific, "The Monster Squad" ended up with Republic Entertainment, which has a licensing deal with Artisan, but is owned by Viacom.
I hope that sheds a few more lights on the subject, Mr. Allred.
Sincerely,
John "Perhaps Mark Edward Heuck could link us to a thread of his that explains this because I know he explained it once" Kilduff
EDIT: Okay, I've got a link that explains it:
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...150#post394150

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
Well, look what turns up when I put in a search. Besides a thread I started?, this was the only one. I'm hoping that we at least know somebody who owns this. Well, I hope Paramount releases this if they own it. That Martin Blythe guy has been posting lately. I wonder if he knows.

Michael Allred

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
It'd be wonderful if Mr. Blythe could make a quick comment on whether or not the movie does indeed belong to Paramount or not. Please Martin?

Eugene Esterly

Supporting Actor
I defintly would buy Monster Squad when it is released on DVD. I haven't seen this movie in years. Monster Squad must be released in its OAR.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks