What's new

Paramount, thanks for 'TOP SECRET!'. How about a new 'THE HUNT FOR RED OCTOBER'? (1 Viewer)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
This is one of my favorite thrillers and it is in dire need of a new anamorphic transfer. I would also love to see some new special features such as a commentary by John McTiernan, and Alec Baldwin.
You came through big time with one of my favorite comedies Top Secret!, so I feel comfortable asking you for just one more small favor. :)
That, and Titanic, but you knew that one already. ;)

Mick Wright

Second Unit
I'll be surprised if Paramount doesn't release a Jack Ryan box set (with each film getting a new transfer) when The Sum of All Fears hits dvd.

Kyle McKnight

Senior HTF Member
Using the SEARCH feature, I came up with this thread where David Lambert states "THERE IS NO NEW RELEASE FOR HUNT COMING! Martin Blythe has pretty much said that they aren't really revisiting titles already released to disc, except for the Star Trek films. Instead, they are concentrating on new product."

Ned

Supporting Actor
The compression for Red October is so poor that you can see blockiness/dithering even on a smaller 27" set. This movie badly needs a re-release.

Richard Harvey

Stunt Coordinator
It's inexcuseable what Paramount has done with HFRO. This is one of the premier action/drama titles in their catalog, and they've treated it like dirt. I haven't bought a single Jack Ryan DVD yet, and I refuse to until they address the quality of the discs.

Rich

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
PARAMOUNT !!! THERE IS NO BETTER TIME !!!!

Besides the success of SUM OF ALL FEARS, another Tom Clancy/Jack Ryan movie, you have the upcoming K-19 release.

Just saw trailers for K-19. With this being released, a perfect time for an anamorphic re-release of a great submarine movie, The Hunt for Red October. Also would like to see the other studio do likewise for Crimson Tide. Those 2 plus my U-571 and K-19 DVD's and I'll be back in my old bubblehead days.

Pete B.

Stunt Coordinator
One of my top-ten movies. Sean Connery is the man! Come on Paramount, give it the treatment it deserves!

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
Any more news on this? Come on Paramount, give us a new anamorphic version of HUNT FOR RED OCTOBER!!!

Rob T

Screenwriter
I would definitely re-buy the HFRO, Patriot Games and Clear & Present Danger if they're done right. :)

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
I'd buy a copy of The Hunt for Red October if they do a new anamorphic transfer for it.

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
I do not own The Hunth For Red October because of the current poor quality but I would buy a new 16x9 remaster.

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
Martin, thanks, I sure hope so. Please keep pushing this release, I'll buy it for sure, hell I'll buy 2 just to show my appreciation, (I can always give one as a gift).
Now if we could only convince the folks at BV to give us an anamorphic CRIMSON TIDE SE. :frowning:

Peter Overduin

Supporting Actor
Martin; that is most interesting. As you no doubt have followed the not infrequent posts and threads about Hunt for Red October; you can be assured that a top notch re-release will be a real winner with both the consumer and the studio. I look forward to this one.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks