What's new

Paramount+ Paramount+ Streaming Service (Formerly CBS All Access) (1 Viewer)

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
It sounds like subscribers to the Premium (aka No Ads) tier will have access to Showtime content at no extra charge (I smell a price increase to the premium tier). Ad-supported subscribers will not have access to Showtime content (but I am sure it will look just like it does now, which is confusing, with P+ and Showtime content lumped together.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
It sounds like subscribers to the Premium (aka No Ads) tier will have access to Showtime content at no extra charge (I smell a price increase to the premium tier).
Yes, but with the caveat that Showtime is dumping a lot of original content ahead of the merger.

Ad-supported subscribers will not have access to Showtime content (but I am sure it will look just like it does now, which is confusing, with P+ and Showtime content lumped together.
Correct, which is why I think they went with such a clunky name. They want to make it crystal clear that the premium tier has additional content.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Well, that's a bit of a bummer. I already recently paid for the full year of Showtime add-on... albeit it was at 1/2 price. Hope not too much of interest get removed. Guess I better switch gears and start binging on Showtime before more gets removed...

_Man_

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Something is going on between Amazon and Paramount+. When launching the app on my FireStick, I get a "This app is no longer supported" error.

benbess

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben
Since Grease: Rise of the Pink Ladies is going to be pulled in a few days for another corporate tax write-off, I decided to give it a try. So far I like it....

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I thought once something aired or appeared it can no longer be “written off”?

benbess

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben

Last edited:

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
I thought once something aired or appeared it can no longer be “written off”?
I think it depends on exactly how it is written off, but I have no idea how tax laws work in this situation. Articles I have read indicated that Paramount Global was looking to shop at least some of these shows to other outlets, with Star Trek: Prodigy being the prime example since the second season is almost completed with post production.

benbess

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben
On episode 9 now, and overall I really like the show. Here's a song from it....

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Ugh! Looks like they musta just recently removed nearly all of Young Sheldon unannounced. I was dragging my feet to catch up on S6 and only watched about 1/2 of that season, and now, the entire 2nd half, except season finale, is gone (along w/ all the other earlier seasons... though those are currently available on Max).

No idea what the heck they're doing... but depending on what the heck WBD is also doing w/ Young Sheldon on Max, I guess S6 might eventually show up there? OR it might come back on P+?

_Man_

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
Yeah, it's more like a company that's been selling widgets for years, but sales have dropped to the point where it's costing them more to warehouse the things than they'd make in future sales. So they sell off their unsold widgets to someone like Overstock for pennies on the dollar, and write the losses off their taxes.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Since Grease: Rise of the Pink Ladies is going to be pulled in a few days for another corporate tax write-off, I decided to give it a try. So far I like it....

I still haven't gotten around to checking it out yet, but that looks oddly (very) anachronistic and revisionist (probably intended to be "inclusive"), especially for a prequel, but not just.

I don't really recall, but where was Rydell High supposed to be?

_Man_

Chip_HT

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chip
No idea what the heck they're doing... but depending on what the heck WBD is also doing w/ Young Sheldon on Max, I guess S6 might eventually show up there? OR it might come back on P+?
I'd guess that Paramount gets a certain window of rights due to the show airing on CBS. But past a certain point, it reverts back to the production studio to shop around as they see fit.

Looks like historically, the previous season shows up on Max in the following fall.

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
There were instances like this decades ago. I recall two shows airing new episodes of a current season on the broadcast network while a cable network was airing reruns of earlier episodes of the the same season. Both involved NBC as the originating network and Lifetime as the syndicating network: L.A. Law and Sisters. Both were shows I had started to watch in syndication on Lifetime, while watching then-new episodes on NBC.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
What do you think of that fact that Paramount has released some of Paramount+'s shows and movies on DVD and possibly Blu?

I myself like that, because I have Joey King's Paramount+ hit The In Between on DVD (that also had Kyle Allen, et al.) from a Walmart exclusive (had seen it on a free trial of Paramount+ a time back), and no longer have to have Paramount+ to see it (this is a boon for those of us with slow connections and not the best Internet speeds, because we don't have to fumble with a constantly buffering connection that can drop out at any time and take forever to get back up).

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Ugh! Looks like they musta just recently removed nearly all of Young Sheldon unannounced. I was dragging my feet to catch up on S6 and only watched about 1/2 of that season, and now, the entire 2nd half, except season finale, is gone (along w/ all the other earlier seasons... though those are currently available on Max).

_Man_
It's a Warner Television production for CBS, so only the current season is available on P+.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
It's a Warner Television production for CBS, so only the current season is available on P+.

Pretty sure there was more before, but either way, they've suddenly also removed most of the current/recent season -- and it's very odd what got left behind, ie. basically 4 middle-ish episodes plus the finale for S6.

I've seen something somewhat similar before w/ a couple other such shows before they rebranded to P+. Couldn't really understand it, but didn't really care since I wasn't quite that interested in those and they stopped doing that after the rebranding... until now.

_Man_

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks