What's new

Paramount Star Trek V Director's Edition? (1 Viewer)

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Hello - Paramount, thank you for the great work with Star Trek on DVD. I appreciate all the work you've done and have picked up all the films and am working on The Original Series as well.
I was hoping that the new versions of the films would have new footage included in addition to the extras. I really like what was done with the Director's Edition of The Motion Picture and Khan.
I am hoping that you will reconsider your decision to not release Star Trek V as a Director's Edition. I was looking forward to it getting a similar treatment as TMP received. Please consider doing this. I know many feel the same as I about the film that it deserves a Director's Edition finish on the new DVD.
Thank you.
http://talk.trekweb.com/articles/200...037797769.html

Chris Atkins

Senior HTF Member
Dear Paramount:

Thank you for giving us three great special edition Trek DVDs: TMP, TWOK and TSFS. I really enjoy all of them, but especially enjoy, in the case of TMP and TWOK, the chance you have given Directors to revisit and improve upon their work.

I think Star Trek V could benefit from this process more than any other Trek film, and was saddened to learn that Mr. Shatner may not get to do additional work to enhance this film.

Would you please reconsider this decision? Thank you.

Tim_Prasuhn

Stunt Coordinator
Don't cop out on us now, Paramount. Trek 5 needs an overhaul to get those people on the edge about buying to buy it, and those who wouldn't onto that same edge. We want the director's cut, and what we want makes you money. It's a win-win situation. Please reconsider.

Will K

Screenwriter
I'll happily purchase a reworked version of this film, but I'm on the fence about the theatrical version. Please reconsider this decision and let Mr. Shatner back in the cutting room.

Steven Good

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Steven
I was on the fence to pick up this title to replace the movie-only version I currently own. Without a Director's Edition of this one, I have to pass now. Please reconsider.

Paul_Warren

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Paul
Dear Paramount,

Please can you re-consider a ST5 Directors Cut on DVD as this film more than any in the Star Trek series needs all new VFX & a stronger ending.

I & many other fans will NOT be buying another copy of this film unless it IS a new improved version as you are not giving us enough reason to upgrade from the 1999 DVD release.

Thank You

MarkBurton

Second Unit
You did such a great job letting Robert Wise go back and finish Star Trek: The Motion Picture. Please let Bill Shatner do the same for Star Trek V. Give us an army of rock monsters. Or at least 3. Let Bill give this movie the ending it deserves. Thank you.

John C

Stunt Coordinator
Please, please please let Shatner do his director's edition of this DVD! Star Trek the Motion Picture probably sold many more copies since it was a recut of the film. This movie does have so much potential if you will let Shatner have his way. ;)

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
I just read SCE of IV isn't coming out until next spring. So there is plenty of time to let Shatner work on V.

Adrian_P

Stunt Coordinator
I too would like to see a new cut of Star Trek V. Please seriously consider doing a Director's Edition of this film.

Please, please please let Shatner do his director's edition of this DVD! Star Trek the Motion Picture probably sold many more copies since it was a recut of the film.
I agree totally I would not have bought the first one if it wasn't going to be a Director's Edition.

Jeff Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Please, please please let Shatner do his director's edition of this DVD! Star Trek the Motion Picture probably sold many more copies since it was a recut of the film.
--------------------------------------------------
I agree totally I would not have bought the first one if it wasn't going to be a Director's Edition.
I also think it would be better (and sell more) if Shatner was allowed to do a director's cut of ST5.

Chris Farmer

Screenwriter
Put me in to. TMP benefitted greatly from Wise's chance to go back and finish a movie that was rushed out the door, and I think Trek V could also benefit greatly. TFF was shot on a low budget, but I think Bill deserves the chance to try to finish the movie the way he intended. Give him a chance, I can guarantee a recut version would sell far more copies.

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
Yes. ST:V has such a bad reputation that to re-release it as is will not sell, not nearly as much as being able to say, "it's a whole new ST:V, as the director originally intended".

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks