What's new

3D Paramount set to release 3 previous 3D Exclusives in September (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Word has leaked out from our retail sources that Paramount is set

to release 3 previously exclusive 3D Blu-ray titles to the general

population on September 6th

How To Train Your Dragon

Megamind

Monsters vs. Aliens

These will be Best Buy exclusives.

This is great news for these three titles that have been the object of

desire for 3D display owners since they became exclusive releases

over the past year or more.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I will be getting all three. I have been waiting for them since I got a 3D television. The outrageous prices being asked at Ebay kept them from me until now.

Tom M

Stunt Coordinator
I actually got Dragon on ebay for $20. It was just a matter of timing nothing more. I am pleased with that disc so just Megamind and MVA for me.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Are these the only 3D "exclusives" to go to general release? The only one of the bunch that interests me is HTTYD.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
These are exclusives from Paramount going into general release. Fox has released its once exclusive ICE AGE 3 to Best Buy now (or is it Target?), and it will go into general release at the end of this month along with their 3D releases of RIO and NARNIA 3.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
HTTYD is one that I will definitely pick up. Maybe "Megamind" as well. I saw that the 3D trailer for "Narnia: VoTDT" was in the proper theatrical aspect ratio. I wonder if the actual release will be done that way or will Apted change the AR?

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Originally Posted by Edwin-S

HTTYD is one that I will definitely pick up. Maybe "Megamind" as well. I saw that the 3D trailer for "Narnia: VoTDT" was in the proper theatrical aspect ratio. I wonder if the actual release will be done that way or will Apted change the AR?

That's a very interesting question, and one I hope the studio will answer by sending us a review copy of the film in 3D.

Joshua Schultz

Auditioning
Real Name
St Louis
I picked up MegaMind and How to Train Your Dragon, very happy to be able to grab these. Monsters vs Aliens is on my list, but with BB releasing the Shrek films in 3D, Toy Story films, and Harry Potter and Deathly Hallows 1 & 2 all coming out of the next couple weeks, its on the backburner for now.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
In the past week or so, I've been able to find time to watch both How to Train Your Dragon and Monsters Vs. Aliens in 3D, and both experiences were far superior to my time with them in 2D. Both of these films were meant to be seen in 3D. I'm very much looking forward to Megamind in 3D, but since of the three I watched it the most recently in 2D, I am waiting a bit before I jump back to the movie in 3D.

I'm also eager to get to the Toy Story films in 3D (for review purposes) as I loved each of the three movies so much and look forward to seeing what 3D adds to the mix.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks