Paramount Re-release Questions

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by jonathan_govols, Mar 9, 2003.

1. jonathan_govols

jonathan_govols Stunt Coordinator

Hello. I am new to the board and would like to ask a couple questions. Is there any info if there will be a re-release of these titles: Planes, Trains, and Automobiles , Trading Places, and The Truman Show? The reason I ask is I would be happy to buy these titles as is but if a special edition is in the works, I can hold off on buying these for a while. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

2. Adam_WM

Adam_WM Screenwriter

Trading Places just came out not too long ago so I doubt it will be re-released. I read somewhere that Truman Show was a possibility but the studio hasn't expressed much interest (I think the director mentioned it). As for Planes, Trains, and Automobiles, who knows?

3. jonathan_govols

Thanks for the reply. I know that Trading Places came out a short while ago but it is such a popular movie with a completely bare bones edition. That is why I ask. Any more info would be great.

4. jonathan_govols

I guess Peter Weir dosen't like anamorphic transfers either does he. [​IMG] Thanks for the info. I guess I can buy the as is Truman Show DVD but I guess I'll still hold out for Planes, Trains, and Automobiles.

5. Travis_W

Travis_W Supporting Actor

Fox had no problem re-releasing titles like Predator and Courage Under Fire but Paramount and Universal have not. I'd love to see an anamorphic Escape from LA (hey, it's Carpenter) or Top Gun but chances are slim.