What's new

Paramount Re-issues (1 Viewer)

Mr Blyth,

Are we getting nearer to any re-issues of Paramount DVD's?

In particular any of the following (which include some suggestions) as to content.....

Escape From L.A: SE
--------------------
Anamorphic 5.1
With Director and Actor Commentary
Deleted/Behind the Scenes Footage

This is the only Russell/Carpenter film which doesn't have a comentary track so i'm sure they would be willing to do one.

Face Off: SE
-----------------------
New Anamorphic Transfer 5.1
With John Woo Commentary
Deleted/Extended Scenes

Come on its his best American film!!!!

Event Horizon: Directors Cut
------------------------------
Anamorphic 5.1
With a new extended cut
Behind the Scenes Material
Commentary

The director wants to do this but Paramount doesn't seemingly.

Mission Impossibe: SE
------------------------
Laurent Bouzereau Documentary (im sure he would jump at the
chance of this since,he's a
fan of the director)
Deleted Scenes (such as the one glimpsed in the trailer)

This could be done to coincide with MI:3's theatrical release.

Snake Eyes: SE
-------------

Laurent Bouzereau Documentary (im sure he would jump at the
chance of this,since he's a
fan of the director)
Alternate Ending

Are any of these possible for 2003 or 2004? Im sure you would get thousands of sales of any of these titles, and i suspect im not the only person who would like you to start double dipping on high profile titles like these which were not done as well as they could 1st time round.

Anyone else have suggstions?????

Ah knew id forgotten something....

Yes the following would be nice Mr Blyth......

Hunt For Red October
---------------------
Anamorphic
Tom Clancy Commentary
Director Commentary
Behind The Scenes Doc
Deleted Footage

Patriot Games
-------------
Anamorphic
Tom Clancy Commentary
Director Commentary
Behind the Scenes Doc
Deleted Scenes

Clear And Present Danger
-------------------------
Anamorphic
Tom Clancy Commentary
Director Commentary
Behind The Scenes Doc
Deleted Footage

Andy_MT

Second Unit
and what about titanic ? only the world's highest grossing film and yet paramount treat it like a third class box office flop - extraless; non 16x9 (still).
and most of the old non 16x9 titles and many new plain vanilla catalogue titles are still too expensive. the recent price reductions only seemed to span a few titles.
given that paramount only have an 8% market share, you'd think they'd want to exploit their back catalogue a little more effectively to bring in more cash. MGM have the right idea, but paramount are as always playing catch up. as the saying goes, you can't teach an old dog new tricks. :frowning:

Richard Harvey

Stunt Coordinator
Post Edited By Administrator - Do Not Repost!
They want to milk half-baked releases as long as they can. I wouldn't be surprised if when HD-DVD took off, we finally get non-HD anamorphic releases, then have to wait another 3-5 years on top of that to get HD releases.
Fine with me -- I spent about $250 this month on DVD's. The amount that went to Paramount? $0. Keep up the good work Paramount!
Rich

Brian McHale

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian McHale
I thought we were trying to keep criticism of studios to a certain level of politeness and respectfulness. Martin Blythe has been very good about responding to inquiries from this forum, even though he doesn't always say what we want to hear. A sure-fire way to get studios to start ignoring us is to fling blind insults at them.

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
Brian
I am in complete agreement with you that this will get us nowhere. Mr Blythe does answer actually some of our questions which he doesn't have to do.
;)
I would also say bring on the Jack Ryan trilogy, this time with special features like that has been done with The Sum of All Fear. Also bring on Wings from 1927
Cheers
:emoji_thumbsup:

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
I would like to see an se of planes, trains and automobiles with commentary and deleted scenes.

JACOB

Randy A Salas

Screenwriter
This is the only Russell/Carpenter film which doesn't have a comentary track so i'm sure they would be willing to do one.
Direct quote by John Carpenter from a recent interview I did with him:

"I'm willing to revisit any of my old films if somebody wants to do it."

He also said that when it comes to assembling supplemental material for his films on DVD, he's glad to do anything the studio/DVD producer wants.

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
I wish they would revisit Deep Impact. A Nice 16x9, dts, 2 disk would be nice. Tie it in with the dinosaur extinction, real life and current near misses, and the impending E.L.E. that will be coming in the near future and what position we will be in as a species to handle such a catostrophy - Of course the making of docs and all of that should be in there too.

Andy_MT

Second Unit
i hope my post wasn't interpreted as insulting. i was just venting my frustration. paramount are a great studio and have an impressive catalogue from both past and present. i just don't think they're representing themselves on DVD as well as they could. i want them to be successful and make a mint from this format ... more films, better DVDs ... can't say no to that :)
as for re-issues, i want all non 16x9+ discs re-issued. i don't ask for much do i ? :)

Bob Graham

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bob Graham
The Paramount title that I would most like to see re-mastered is 48 HOURS. A commentary track from the principals (Nick Nolte, Eddie Murphy, Annette O'Toole, Walter Hill) would be nice, as would some deleted scenes, but I'd settle for a new anamorphic transfer.

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
I forgot about deep impact. I agree that they are a good studio.. after the work that fox, dreamworks, and new line cinema... paramount seems very tame.. I don;t want a special edition of mission impossible 2.. I rather have planes, or deep impact and the star trek movies.

JACOB

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
Just a word of wisdom...

Paramount will most likely revisit their non-anamorphic DVD's first and their most popular ones at that.

IMO, the ones they're most likely to SE are Titanic, Hunt For Red October, 48 Hrs., Top Gun, and Patriot Games.

I wouldn't expect any DVD's with an anamorphic transfer to be SE-ized within the next 3 years.

LukeB

Senior HTF Member
Well, I know it's not going to happen, but I'd love for them to re-visit Scrooged, Planes, Trains & Automobiles, Ferris Bueller's Day Off (the commentary is nice, but any other studio would have given it a full blown CE with deleted scenes, and the trailer for crying out loud), The Truman Show, and Major League for that matter (even though it doesn't come out for another month, I'm disappointed with the lack of extras).

These are all from an extras standpoint, though. The video/audio is adequate on all of these, but it's disappointing that some of the movies I'd most like to have interesting extras on are barebones (or close to it).

Like I said, I know it's not going to happen...

DanR

Supporting Actor
Well, lack of re-releases of earlier Paramount efforts is but one of my issues with Paramount DVD. Mr. Blythe, if you're out there, the time has come and the natives in DVD land are getting restless. Cmon, Top gun, Hunt For Red October, Titanic...among others. For God's sake, even Lucasfilm is listening to us these days (with Episode I and II), but Paramount seems to not be listening.

Regards,
Dan

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks