What's new

Paramount Ranch Structures Burned Down (1 Viewer)

Carabimero

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
It's my understanding that the out-of-control Augora fire has burned down the iconic structures at the Paramount Ranch, where Westworld shoots now but shows like Dr. Quinn and The Texan, just to name two, were filmed. If the report my colleague gave me turns out to be true, virtually everything has burned.

paramount-ranch-5.jpg

Fingers crossed it doesn't turn out to be as bad as he said.

MartinP.

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin
It is sad, as it was open to the public when not filming, but now there's a reason to create some new sets and images for TV and films.

Here's an atmospheric youtube video from CBS news showing the burning remains of the ranch:

On a happier note, here's a photo that was taken in the 1930's...

It's the Paramount Ranch in Agoura showing the set built for the movie "Wells Fargo" (1937) on the flattened hilltop
on the right side (San Francisco) and a western set on the left side.

Carabimero

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
In the end... it's just sets. Sets that can, and likely will, be rebuilt. Sure there's history there but... it's just sets.
Yes, it's just sets. But for me personally, it was great to go there and recognize one set from one classic TV show, and another set from another classic movie, and so on. The sets may be rebuilt, but they will almost certainly be built differently. My first ever location shoot was there, with many to follow. I could go there and relive the memories because most of the sets remained. But now that's all gone and, for me at least, the memories triggered by those nostalgic sets are probably gone with them.

Yes, it's just "stuff" that was lost. But for me, a comforting real-world connection to the unchanged past was lost too.

Last edited:

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Does anyone know the status of the Home where Mister Ed was filmed? I believe it is in Malibu

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks