Paramount: Ragtime on DVD?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Tommy_Swa, Dec 6, 2002.

1. Tommy_Swa

Tommy_Swa Auditioning

Earlier this year, Martin Blythe
    indicated the possibility that Milos Forman's 'Ragtime' might be released in region 1 in late 2002. Obviously that is not going to happen, but is this title going to be released in the near future? Thanks!

2. Martin Blythe

Martin Blythe Second Unit

Hard to say - depends on filmmaker availability, music clearances - the works!

3. Tommy_Swa

Tommy_Swa Auditioning

Thanks for the info Martin! I truly am hopeful Ragtime manages to find its way to DVD soon. I know it did get released in region 2, so maybe that is a good sign.

4. Bruce Morrison

Bruce Morrison Supporting Actor

Unfortunately the Region 2 release was only in a full-screen version, so it doesn't really help much. I hope Paramount will be able to sort out the music clearance issues soon and release this great movie sometime during 2003 - it's certainly near the top of my DVD wants list.

5. Tommy_Swa

Tommy_Swa Auditioning

Actually, the region 2 release I saw on ebay was desribed as widescreen 2.35 16/9 Enhanced, although it only had Dolby Digital mono.

At any rate, I agree 100% this is a great movie, and it certainly deserves the best DVD treatment. It is at the top of my list as well!