PARAMOUNT - Private Parts SE!!!

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Rob T, Oct 15, 2001.

1. Rob T

Rob T Screenwriter

As a Stern fan and a movie fan, I love this movie and the current DVD of it sucks! please make an SE for it! I know quite a few other Stern fans beside myself that would also by such a great DVD. [​IMG]

2. Josh Davidson

Josh Davidson Stunt Coordinator

I've been holding off on the first edition in hopes of an SE, but I heard that Howard was not willing to cooperate with a re-release. If this is not the case, I hope we'll see it sometime in the upcoming future.

3. Greg_Y

Greg_Y Screenwriter

4. Rob T

Rob T Screenwriter

I heard that Paramount didn't think it ould be profitable enough so since this place tends to be watched by the studios I figured I'd make an effort to get one released from here. [​IMG]
    I doubt that Howard wouldn't want an SE version of his movie out since he put a lot of time and effort into it and he loves the DVD format.

5. Wes Ray

Wes Ray Supporting Actor

I've been holding out for a Special Edition of this one too. Big fan of this movie. It deserves a full-blown SE.

6. Scott_J

Scott_J Cinematographer

From what I understand, Stern originally wanted to help Paramount put an SE together when the disc first came out. They declined. Since then, he has divorced his wife and wants nothing to do with the movie, so he wouldn't help with an SE re-release.
    That is what I have heard, but I'm not a big fan of Howard's, so that may not be 100% correct or the whole story. Others with more info, feel free to correct/add to that.

7. Rob T

Rob T Screenwriter

well everytime he gets a check due to someone buying it he wishes people would stop buying it, but if it airs on TV then he usually announces it if Gary leaves him a note of it.
    He hasn't totally sepperated himself from the movie. He's still quite proud of it and I think he'd be willing to do an SE of it, but don't plan on seeing Private Parts 2 because it'll never ever happen.
    [Edited last by Rob T on October 16, 2001 at 04:48 PM]

8. Rob T

Rob T Screenwriter

This topic just came up again on the show and Howard said that he'll probably be putting the deleted scenes from the movie on the E! show DVD. [​IMG]
    btw, I just got Private Parts off of eBay, but if it was re-issued, I'd buy the new one in a second! [​IMG]

9. JoeRiley

JoeRiley Stunt Coordinator

Paramount has some lame policy of almost never releasing SE DVDs. The Private Parts DVD would be perfect for SE treatment, but Paramount remains stubborn on the issue. I want SE's of the Friday the 13th movies... but Paramount refuses... Even though every other horror series has Uncut/SE's. Hell, if Evil Dead: AOD can get 20 different versions, I don't see why F13 can get one single SE treatment.

10. Prentice Cotham

Prentice Cotham Supporting Actor

Bring it up at the chat w/ Martin whenever it takes place.

11. Dave H

Dave H Producer

When is the chat with Martin?

12. Dave H

Dave H Producer

When is the chat with Martin?

13. Rob T

Rob T Screenwriter

14. Jonathan Perregaux

Jonathan Perregaux Screenwriter

Jonathan Perregaux
    I've held off on buying this disc too because it's bare-bones. DVD is not VHS. We expect more than just the movie and maybe a trailer.

15. MarcusUdeh

MarcusUdeh Supporting Actor

I recently watch this film again; my copy is a previously viewed VHS. I must say this movie still holds up well. I'd love for Paramount to politely prepare a new release of Private Parts. Director Betty Thomas would surely do a running commentary. The deleted footage could easily be a crowing supplement for this edition and a brief retrospective documentary; also note that a new anamorphic transfer be struck for the new edition.

16. TerryW

TerryW Stunt Coordinator

Betty Thomas has stated that she hates talking about her own movies like with commentaries and the movie she delivers is her final cut. She doesn't want to add footage to Private Parts. Not sure how she feels about the footage being seen separatly from the film. Also, I don't know if Paramount would release extra footage without her permission as is done alot with Studios. After all, she's not exactly Spielberg in terms of respect.

17. John Stone

John Stone Supporting Actor

18. TerryW

TerryW Stunt Coordinator

That's certainly good news. Maybe she'll do a commentary after all. The info was from E! a few years back so maybe she's become a fan of dvd's since then.

19. john mcfadden

john mcfadden Stunt Coordinator

I'd buy it in a second!!!