What's new

PARAMOUNT - Private Parts SE!!! (1 Viewer)

Rob T

Screenwriter
As a Stern fan and a movie fan, I love this movie and the current DVD of it sucks! please make an SE for it! I know quite a few other Stern fans beside myself that would also by such a great DVD. :)

Josh Davidson

Stunt Coordinator
I've been holding off on the first edition in hopes of an SE, but I heard that Howard was not willing to cooperate with a re-release. If this is not the case, I hope we'll see it sometime in the upcoming future.

Greg_Y

Screenwriter
I heard that Howard was not willing to cooperate with a re-release.
He explicitly said, on air, that he offered to help with supplements. Obviously that's only half of the story, but I'm sure something better than the current disc could be produced. I'd buy it.

Rob T

Screenwriter
I heard that Paramount didn't think it ould be profitable enough so since this place tends to be watched by the studios I figured I'd make an effort to get one released from here. :)
I doubt that Howard wouldn't want an SE version of his movie out since he put a lot of time and effort into it and he loves the DVD format.

Wes Ray

Supporting Actor
I've been holding out for a Special Edition of this one too. Big fan of this movie. It deserves a full-blown SE.

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
From what I understand, Stern originally wanted to help Paramount put an SE together when the disc first came out. They declined. Since then, he has divorced his wife and wants nothing to do with the movie, so he wouldn't help with an SE re-release.
That is what I have heard, but I'm not a big fan of Howard's, so that may not be 100% correct or the whole story. Others with more info, feel free to correct/add to that.

Rob T

Screenwriter
well everytime he gets a check due to someone buying it he wishes people would stop buying it, but if it airs on TV then he usually announces it if Gary leaves him a note of it.
He hasn't totally sepperated himself from the movie. He's still quite proud of it and I think he'd be willing to do an SE of it, but don't plan on seeing Private Parts 2 because it'll never ever happen.
[Edited last by Rob T on October 16, 2001 at 04:48 PM]

Rob T

Screenwriter
This topic just came up again on the show and Howard said that he'll probably be putting the deleted scenes from the movie on the E! show DVD. :)
btw, I just got Private Parts off of eBay, but if it was re-issued, I'd buy the new one in a second! :)

JoeRiley

Stunt Coordinator
Paramount has some lame policy of almost never releasing SE DVDs. The Private Parts DVD would be perfect for SE treatment, but Paramount remains stubborn on the issue. I want SE's of the Friday the 13th movies... but Paramount refuses... Even though every other horror series has Uncut/SE's. Hell, if Evil Dead: AOD can get 20 different versions, I don't see why F13 can get one single SE treatment.

Jonathan Perregaux

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jonathan Perregaux
I've held off on buying this disc too because it's bare-bones. DVD is not VHS. We expect more than just the movie and maybe a trailer.

MarcusUdeh

Supporting Actor
I recently watch this film again; my copy is a previously viewed VHS. I must say this movie still holds up well. I'd love for Paramount to politely prepare a new release of Private Parts. Director Betty Thomas would surely do a running commentary. The deleted footage could easily be a crowing supplement for this edition and a brief retrospective documentary; also note that a new anamorphic transfer be struck for the new edition.

TerryW

Stunt Coordinator
Betty Thomas has stated that she hates talking about her own movies like with commentaries and the movie she delivers is her final cut. She doesn't want to add footage to Private Parts. Not sure how she feels about the footage being seen separatly from the film. Also, I don't know if Paramount would release extra footage without her permission as is done alot with Studios. After all, she's not exactly Spielberg in terms of respect.

John Stone

Supporting Actor
Betty Thomas has stated that she hates talking about her own movies like with commentaries
Betty just did a full-length commentary for I Spy (2002). I don't know where and when you got the information you posted, but perhaps she's had a change of heart since then?

TerryW

Stunt Coordinator
That's certainly good news. Maybe she'll do a commentary after all. The info was from E! a few years back so maybe she's become a fan of dvd's since then.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks