What's new

Pre-Order Paramount Presents! The Nutty Professor (1963) (4k UHD) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
334677_front.jpg

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. As an Amazon Associate, HTF earns from qualifying purchases. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Last edited:

lark144

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
mark gross
The Blu Ray looks great. Excited to hear if / how much improvement there is to a 4K version.
To these eyes, the Blu-Ray appears heavily filtered. Pretty color, but flat and electronic. No depth of field. Not film-like or organic looking. More like TV. In a theatre, it was absolutely amazing. In the transformation scene, there was such depth to the colors and shadows, such richness. It pulled you right in. Jerry Lewis was a master when it came to visual expression, there was nothing about cameras and lighting and effects he didn't know, but you wouldn't get that from this blu. It made Lewis' masterpiece look like a straight to video afternoon soap. In terms of depth and resolution, it should have been stunning, and wasn't. Admittedly, it was a triumph compared to Liberty Valance, but that doesn't mean it looked the way it should. Because this is Paramount, which is a crap shoot, I expect the 4K to have the same issues, but I hope I'm mistaken.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks