What's new

Pre-Order Paramount Presents! The Court Jester (1955) (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

buckmichaels

Agent
Real Name
Mike
I love this movie!! I haven't seen it in about 25 years, I have the dvd, but the picture and sound aren't very good, certainly not a good way to watch a VistaVision movie. I almost watched it on Amazon Prime,, I'm glad I waited, and now can enjoy this beautiful new transfer on blu-ray!

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
165639908_10226509023499016_7738463241922841117_n.jpg

Actress Angela Lansbury clad in costume for role in the movie "The Court Jester," eating a hamburger w. actor Basil Rathbone while sitting at lunch in large Paramount Studio commissary during a day of filming in 1954.

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
FINALLY. :D

I knew Paramount was getting back on the horse, with their Paramount Presents line, after sitting out most of the 10's Digital Debacle--and knew that Court Jester was on their "Paramount Classics" rotation along with the Elvis musicals and Cary Grant wartime-Pacific comedies--I just didn't expect to retire my DVD so soon...

(Now, will someone please say they've never seen this movie, so we can all have the fun of discussing it?)
Get it....Got it .....Good!!!!

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
Wonderful news! Whenever I’m feeling down I put on “the pellet with the poison...”. Whoever thought up that was a genius. Good song score too, especially “The Maladjusted Jester”.
Glynis Johns is also terrific as is Basil Rathbone, perfect in his Sheriff of Nottingham-type role.
Agreed I'd love to see the Secret Life done as they did here on the Court Jester, and the Bing Crosby classic a Conneticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court (1949 film), anoth Technicolor feast for the eyes

Attachments

• lf.jpeg
    lf.jpeg
    92 KB · Views: 26

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks