What's new

Paramount Pre-1950 Films owned by Universal (1 Viewer)

battlebeast

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Warren
Also Skippy(1931), Tom Sawyer(1930) and Huckleberry Finn (1931).
Isn’t SKIPPY owned by Universal? They were apparently going to release it on their MOD program but it never saw the light of day.

and who owns THE SMILING LIEUTENANT?

I know Criterion released it, I’d love to see that whole set released on Blu.

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
Isn’t SKIPPY owned by Universal? They were apparently going to release it on their MOD program but it never saw the light of day.

and who owns THE SMILING LIEUTENANT?

I know Criterion released it, I’d love to see that whole set released on Blu.

Yes, Skippy is owned by Universal (as is Tom Sawyer and Huckleberry Finn mentioned by timk1041). And The Smiling Lieutenant.

farnsbarns

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jeff Patten
I'm still waiting for the Dorothy Lamour Technicolor "sarong" movies: HER JUNGLE LOVE, ALOMA OF THE SOUTH SEAS, TYPHOON, BEYOND THE BLUE HORIZON (1938-42), as well as the first film in the series (but shot in black-and-white), THE JUNGLE PRINCESS. I've never known these to even be on TV in my lifetime. And the one Maria Montez-Jon Hall film I've never seen, THE WHITE SAVAGE (1943), also in Technicolor.

Jungle Princess (1936) now available on Universal Vault MOD release since 2018. It's a good one.
Her Jungle Love also available (released 2014).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks