What's new

PARAMOUNT - Please relocate Widescreen Banner to the bottom (1 Viewer)

Alphonse Brown

Stunt Coordinator
Personally, I do not like the "Widescreen Collection" banner at the top of Paramount DVD's.
I thought they were just fine at the bottom. Not only is the new banner location an eyesore, but it now creates an inconsistent look for those collectors that arrange their DVD's by studio, not to mention the inconsistency of the soon to be released movies in a particular uncomplete set (future "Star Trek" movies, "Friday the 13th", etc...).
If Paramount could stop right now and reproduce cases for those that have the "Widescreen Collection" at the top and relocate them to the bottom, that would be great.
Thanks,
Alphonse

Ricky f

Supporting Actor
I would second that.
I like better at the bottom.
Regards,
Ricky
------------------
C:WINDOWSDesktopbsmoke.art
" Chicks cannot hold dey smoke, that's what it is "

Lafe F

Second Unit
I would heartily agree. What happened to giving customers what they request? What does it matter to Paramount? For series like Star Trek and Friday the 13th, it simply won't match the others previously released. Please move the banner back to where it used to be!
[Edited last by Lafe F on August 03, 2001 at 04:55 PM]

rhett

Supporting Actor
I just don't understand why they would relocate it to the top after having it on the bottom for several years. Unless you start putting the title of the films on the bottom of the DVD's they will come out looking too top heavy. And it really makes those already ugly Friday DVD's look even worse! Please reconsider!
------------------
"Why don't we just wait here for a while...see what happens."

Yumbo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris Caine
it's upside down isn't it?
homage to those of us down under?
------------------
Yumbo - IMDVD

Matthew H

Second Unit
I agree. The label at the top makes the case look very gaudy. Hopefully this is only to test the public's reaction and we'll find it at the bottom again shortly.
------------------
Matt
Mobu? Sounds like some sort of damn car polish.

Paul Chi

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Paul
I would also have to agree that the banner looks funny and cluttered on the top. Please place it back on the bottom. Thanks.

Brett Hancock

Supporting Actor
I must also agree. Leave the banner at the bottom and all is well. Except for if the new friday the 13th cover art isnt changed
furious.gif

------------------
"Come on, you fuckers think that just cause a guy reads comics he can't start some shit, I'll fucking take all you on!"
"I'm a firm believer in the philosophy of a ruling class, especially sense I rule"

Jeff

Supporting Actor
IMO, the bottom was a bad place to put it from a marketing point of view. When I was flipping through DVD's in a rack the other day, I noticed a couple Paramount DVD's and wouldn't have known they were from Paramount if the banner was at the bottom, out of site.
Still, I'd prefer them at the bottom too, to be more consistant with the rest of their DVD's.
Jeff

Lafe F

Second Unit
Top or Bottom doesn't matter to me. I just want CONSISTENCY! Make up your minds, Paramount, and stick with the same design throughout a movie series.

William Ward

Supporting Actor
I'll chime in here with support for putting the banner back at the bottom. I wonder why they put it at the top in the first place. With Buena Vista dropping their WS banner, I figured the studios figured out that they don't need it.
------------------
William
Go Bucs!!
MyDVDs

PhilipG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
PhilipG
I can understand Paramount putting the banner at the top for the "flick through" factor, however it would be nice if they could keep the spine logo on the bottom, for consistency.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks