Paramount Petition****Remaining Eddie Murphy Films****

Eric Dahl

Auditioning
If released, I would snatch up "Trading Places" and the "Beverly Hills Cop" Trilogy in a second.
Please Paramount, get these out post-haste!
------------------
In the immortal words of Max Fischer, "Sic Transit Gloria".

Robert Franklin

Stunt Coordinator
I would really like to see these films get to see the light of day as well. I am really glad that Paramount in general, since the inception of UPN support minorities in the entertainment enviornment. I loe the things that Paramount is involved with. Now if we could get them to do a Fraser Season Box Set, and more support for dts titles on dvd, that would be excellent!

Larry Gardner

Stunt Coordinator
Now if we could get them to do a Fraser Season Box Set, and more support for dts titles on dvd, that would be excellent!

More support? How about any support - they have refused to release any titles with dts.
MGM has made them look bad (with Hannibal being released with DTS).
Here is where we stand on studio support of dts:
Fox - Yes - Semi-strong
Universal - Yes - Strong
New Line - Yes - semi
Buena Vista/Disney - Yes - strong
Warner - No - tested 5 already released titles once
MGM - Yes - one title only
Paramount - No - never
Columbia - Yes/No - only forced by Spielberg titles - nothing on their own
Anchor Bay - Yes - strong - and with 6.1 DTS Discrete
Artisan - Yes - so-so
Image - Yes - mostly music titles
Criterion - Yes - very selective
Basically it comes down to Warner, Columbia and Paramount basically not giving dts a chance. However, Paramount has mentioned - MAYBE - next year. I guess they have already mastered/authored everything that they are going to release this year already, so that's why they can't do DTS on anything!
------------------

DarrylWHarrisJr

Stunt Coordinator
Bevery Hills Cop
Beverly Hills Cop 2
Harlem Nights
Nutty Professor Ultimate Edition
Trading Place
The Golden Child
------------------
A man never chooses to live...but chooses to make a life.

Stan T

Stunt Coordinator
I would buy "Beverly Hills Cop 1 & 2". I would also purchase "Trading Places". I don't understand why these aren't available yet on DVD. They would all sell an unbelievable amount. I'd love to have these movies in anamorphic widescreen with Dolby Digital/DTS sound. They would make a great stocking stuffer.

Jodee

Screenwriter
I would definitely buy "Trading pLaces", "Delirious", "Raw" and the first "Beverly Hills Cop" movies as soon as they are released.
As far as "Delirious" is concerned-- a previous poster requested an anamorphic release. If I am not mistaken, Delirious was a made-for-video release, so I doubt a widescreen version exists.
"Raw" on the other hand, was released theatrically so that should definitely get the widescreen treatment.

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fatimabtneha