What's new

Paramount: Love With The Proper Stranger? (1 Viewer)

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
Valentines day has me thinking...
any chance this great Natalie Wood/ Steve McQueen film is even on your radar?
in addition to some great chemistry by the two leads there is priceless location footage of NYC in the sixties.
a 60's romantic comedy/drama that still hold up well.

if not this year, maybe next?

Jon Hertzberg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jonathan
Yes, Paramount count me in for this one as well. Two of the greatest stars of the 60s in an often gritty, well-filmed romance.

Jon

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
Paramount,
just wanted to let you know i'm looking forward to purchasing This Property Is Condemend this fall.
thanks.

just hope you'll find room in the schedule soon for this superior 60's Natalie Wood drama/romance.

larry bender

Stunt Coordinator
Any film released on dvd from director Robert Mulligan is a wecome sight. How about two of his other films that are not on dvd besides LOVE WITH THE PROPER STRANGER UP THE DOWN STAIRCASE and SAME TIME NEXT YEAR.

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
Isn't Same Time, Next Year a Columbia title?
i completely forgot about that one- good call!

i'll have to look for Up the Down Staircase, never seen it before-although it sounds familiar.

Chuck Shugar

Auditioning
Paramount: I noticed that you will be putting out the "This Property Is Condemned" featuring Natalie Wood on DVD this December 2nd. "Love With The Proper Stranger" is also a very fine movie, for which Natalie received one of her three Oscar nominations. Please consider releasing this on DVD, since there are many fans of Natalie Wood and Steve McQueen that would be interested. Perhaps with some extras or a special edition!

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
we'll be getting close to hearing the announcements for Febs catalog titles soon and here's just another bump to see if there is any chance for this one in Q1 of '04 (i'd take it whenever i could get it, but it would seem to me to be most apropos around Valentines Day).

sometimes the catalog choices released by these studios truly baffle me.
surely this has to be at least as promising a seller as something like...(choke) Best Defense?!

Bradley-E

Screenwriter
Perhaps release it along with other young love Paramount titles including BABY, IT'S YOU, FIRST LOVE, RACING WITH THE MOON and THE STERILE CUCKOO.

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
Perhaps release it along with other young love Paramount titles including BABY, IT'S YOU, FIRST LOVE, RACING WITH THE MOON and THE STERILE CUCKOO.
Bradley, thats a terrific idea (and one that isn't tied down to any particular season or date).

yeah, this is basically a shameless bump, but it gives me an opportunity to compliment Paramount on what looks to be the excellant a/v quality of TPIC.
i've heard varying opinions as to the films actual merits (haven't seen it yet), but at least the PQ shines.

until we get an indisputably superior Natalie Wood film like LWTPS, ones like this will have to suffice.

Bradley-E

Screenwriter
Bradley, thats a terrific idea (and one that isn't tied down to any particular season or date).

yeah, this is basically a shameless bump, but it gives me an opportunity to compliment Paramount on what looks to be the excellant a/v quality of TPIC.
i've heard varying opinions as to the films actual merits (haven't seen it yet), but at least the PQ shines.

until we get an indisputably superior Natalie Wood film like LWTPS, ones like this will have to suffice.

I have always had a thing for dear Natalie. TPIC may not be perfect but it shows how wonderful she was. She and Audrey Hepburn are both missed. Classy ladies with talent. I do agree also that TPIC was well done by Paramount. They do seem to at least give the best Presentation they can.

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
Any film released on dvd from director Robert Mulligan is a wecome sight. How about two of his other films that are not on dvd besides LOVE WITH THE PROPER STRANGER UP THE DOWN STAIRCASE and SAME TIME NEXT YEAR.
somebody must've been listening , Larry as ST,NY is due out in April from Universal.

larry bender

Stunt Coordinator
Just saw info on SAME TIME at Universal site. widescreen! Maybe there's hope for LOVE WITH PROPER STRANGER and UP DOWN STAIRCASE.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks