PARAMOUNT- Jimmy Neutron SE w/ missing dialogue

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by JohnS, Jan 8, 2002.

1. JohnS

JohnS Producer

John Steffens
    Paramount,
    Here's hoping you make a nice special edition of this neat little film. Plus I would like to see the "What's ever left of me is kicking your butt!" line put back in, or at least as a deleted scene.
    Congrats on a little movie, that I didn't think I was going to like, but ended up loving!

2. Martin Blythe

Martin Blythe Second Unit

Thanks. Was that line in the movie or not? I don't recall it myself. If it wasn't how did you know about it? If I know that then I might be able to do something about it.

3. Jesse Skeen

Jesse Skeen Producer

I know it was in the second trailer ("If we blow up, whatever's left of me is kicking your butt!"), unfortunately I got out of the movie theater business for the first time in 10 years at the end of September so I haven't gotten to see the actual movie (or anything else that's been out since then.) Of course I've seen hundreds of trailers that included something not in the finished film, so that's what I'm assuming happened here.

4. JohnS

JohnS Producer

John Steffens
    Martin,
    It was in the trailer but NOT in the movie. The scene was there, but the piece of dialogue wasn't.
    Supposidly the MPAA will only allow one 'butt' word in a G rated film.
    Personally, I think its one of the funniest lines in the movie.
    Thanks again Martin for such a quick response!
    Here's hoping you make a nifty special edition(with the missing dialogue[​IMG])

5. Martin Blythe

Martin Blythe Second Unit

If this is the case then it won't be inserted into the movie. The MPAA explanation is possible but it's also possible that the material in the trailers was conceived of exclusively to be in the trailers. I'm assuming it very likely the trailers would end up on the DVD so you would get the line anyway.