What's new

Paramount- Is this true (re:Enterprise)??? (1 Viewer)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I found this at www.trektoday.com I hope if true a R1 version won't be that far behind.
"Enterprise may be coming to DVD in Europe before the year is over, new rumours claimed today
The Region 2 Project reported that a major Enterprise article in a trade publication, let it be known that Series V will be coming to DVD as a boxed set just before or after Christmas.
Before Christmas last year, a Paramount survey on the viability of European Enterprise DVDs was mailed to members of the 'Latinum Exchange' - a scheme for buyers of Star Trek videos. The survey was organised to give the studio feedback on its release strategy - a choice between a release every month like the current video releases, or a boxed set at the end of the year.
In the trade paper, a Paramount marketing executive said that "They want the product as quickly as they can get it and they know that VHS is the quickest route to market. [...] They also said that what they didn't want was DVDs month in and month out with poor extras. They want a DVD box set that is totally comprehensive."
The article reports that extras for the DVD set have already begun production. No details of what form these extras will take were given, however. Enterprise is due to be released on VHS in the UK next month.
No mention was made of a VHS or DVD release for North America. Trek series are traditionally released on video in Europe much sooner than in the US, where the series is often tied up by contract agreements. Potentially lucrative syndication agreements would also be compromised by an early release onto video or DVD.
The original article can be found here at the R2 Project. Thanks go out to TrekWeb for this news."

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
The way syndication works in the US will prevent any such program from getting the fast track in R1. Don't hold your breath on Enterprise. You'll likely see DS9 and Voyager well ahead of it.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
What John said is true, but Enterprise MAY. I repeat MAY be the first to buck the trend. The franchise is strong enough, and has proven over 20 years that even though it's out on tape people still watch reruns.

I'd say we're better than even for it happening.

Martin Fontaine

Supporting Actor
This will just boost imports from Zone 2 (And sales of Malata players) and eventually, they'll understand what they are doing wrong... Hopefully...

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
I hope that DS9 & Voyager appear here first. I have not seen any episodes of the new series, & may not for a while. It was that way with Next Generation, I didn't start watching first run episodes until half way thru the 7 yrs. But I quickly fell in love with the show.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks