What's new

Paramount: Is there any truth to this?? (re: old Nick shows coming to DVD) (1 Viewer)

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
This was posted at the beginning of the month over at another forum:
Nick is currently in negotiations with 4 different manufacturers and distributers to create full season releases of their shows. Ren is one of them. Final talks and contracts should take place in December with production to begin in March - June of 2002.
Link Removed
I personally don't believe it because it came out of nowhere. I know that Paramount owns and distributes the Nick library, so I was wondering if you could confirm or deny this. According to the quote, contracts won't be signed until next month so I definitely understand if you can't say anything about it until at least after the contracts are signed. But, if you could please just post a simple one-word answer, yes or no, if you're allowed, I would like to hear it. Thanks.
BTW, if it's not true, please definitely consider it because I would buy MANY of Nick's classics in season sets.
Thanks and again, if you cannot give an answer, I understand.

Brett Hancock

Supporting Actor
I sure hope this is true. If Paramount owns and distributes the Nick library the following our my list of titles that absolutely need to be on dvd(in season-by-season only of course)
Ren and Stimpy
Rocko's Modern Life
Spongebob Square Pants
Salute Your Shorts
Hey Dude
Welcome Back Freshmen
Pete and Pete
Hey Arnold

Esten

Supporting Actor
If it's true hopefully htey'll release 'You can't do that on television!"

Jared M

Stunt Coordinator
the person i originally quoted that from has been very reliable in the past and usually knows info more than a year in advance.

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
I'd buy DVD releases of the following shows in a HEARTBEAT...
- Welcome Back Freshman
- Salute Your Shorts
- You Can't Do That On Television
- The Tomorrow People
- Rocko's Modern Life
- Pete and Pete
- Hi Honey, I'm Home

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Thanks for letting me know that, Jared. I have never heard of that site before, which led, in part, to my skepticism of it.

MatthewButler, the original post I quoted specifically mentioned Ren & Stimpy is one of the titles being produced (if it's true).

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
Pete and pete! Pete and pete! Pete and pete! Pete and pete! Pete and pete! Pete and pete! Pete and pete! Pete and pete! Pete and pete! Pete and pete! Pete and pete! Pete and pete!

Or I will sick Artie, the strongest man in the world upon you!

Vince

PS: I one considered starting my own company, like Criterion, on hopes of releasing great, but forgotten, shows like PETE AND PETE to dvd. Wonder if Paramount would license them to me.

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Thanks for the reply, Martin.

Sounds good to me, Vince. I wouldn't mind having a company like that around.

Brett Hancock

Supporting Actor
Vince that is a great idea. That would seriously be something to consider persuing. I agree Pete and Pete definitely needs to be on dvd. I used to watch that show all the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks