What's new

Paramount: Is "If..." still planned for DVD release? (1 Viewer)

Bruce Morrison

Supporting Actor
Some time ago, Paramount let it be known that they were planning to release Linday Anderson's "If..." on DVD later this year. However, I noticed that it was not mentioned in a list of October releases recently publicised. Can Martin Blythe confirm that it is still in the works for a release late this year or early in 2004? I hope so.

Martin Blythe

Second Unit
I don't know that Paramount ever said we'd be releasing it (well, I didn't). It was indeed on the schedule for a while but it dropped off. I am not sure what the hold-up is. I would assume it is a rights and clearances issue. Sorry I can't be more helpful.

Mark Edward Heuck

Screenwriter
I can't find it, Martin, but there was an informal poll where you listed some '70's-era titles that were on the schedule, and asked us to pick five that we would especially want special features on. IF... was on that list, along with BUGSY MALONE and MURDER ON THE ORIENT EXPRESS. I guess it gave people the impression that an IF... release was a fait accompli.
No worries here, we have faith.

Gordon McMurphy

Senior HTF Member
I love this movie. I heard from a reliable source that writer David Sherwin and Malcolm McDowell has recorded a commentary in October of 2002.

It's an amazing film - and has a strong following. The uncut version has been shown in British cinemas and on BBC2 in Britain recently and the print was in good shape.

Any info would be most appreciated.

Gordy

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks