What's new

PARAMOUNT - I may shell out the $29.99 for SECONDS, but not for PROPHECY! (1 Viewer)

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Your price point of $29.99, translating to roughly $25.00 in most discount houses and internet sites, is too high for me when it comes to about 75% of your titles. SECONDS I will probably go for. PROPHECY, a guilty pleasure of mine containing a few really scary scenes, is just not a title I will pay more than fifteen bucks for. Same goes for PLANES, TRAINS & AUTOMOBILES; NORTH DALLAS FORTY; and about two dozen other titles I can live without for that price.

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
Paramount, I am rather peeved that you are not giving the awesome Prophecy any cool extras like a commentary, yet you are giving Seconds such extras. The horror films you release never seem to get much extras, and I would appreciate you treating your horror titles better.

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member
Justin,
In Paramount's defense, the "Seconds" commentary was recorded back in 1996 or 1997 for the LD of that film (which was the first time it had ever appeared on home video). I'd be really surprised if this was a brand-new commentary. I agree with you on Paramount's pricing, but I'm pretty sure that this wasn't a deliberate move to alienate "Prophecy" fans.

Jay E

Senior HTF Member
I will also be picking up Seconds but because of the high price, I won't be buying Prophecy. I have never really complained about Paramount's pricing, but a title such as this really doesn't warrant a $29.95 price tag. At a lower price, I would pick it up as I'm a huge Horror fan, but this movie is pretty mediocre and that price is too high for a guilty pleasure.

Jason Hughes

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason Hughes
According to DVD Empire, the retail price is only $25http://www.dvdempire.com/Exec/v4_item.asp?userid=74417311173267&item_id=41530

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I was surprised to read here that Seconds in coming out. That is a great movie. So I looked it up on the DVD Empire site and it is listed as $24.99. So with discounts, it will be less. To be released on January 8 2002, if the information there is correct.
Perhaps Paramount has an alternate pricing structure coming up. I'm not surprised Mr. Blythe is has not chimed in here. The posts are pretty brutal. And he's done some very nice things for the forum.
Nelson
(Opps, I see someone posted the same info as me! Excuse the double posting.)
[Edited last by Nelson Au on October 18, 2001 at 02:02 PM]

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
For the record, I certainly have no intention of scaring off Mr. Blythe. Paramount has been turning out some great titles (with more announced) which I've waited for for eons, and their product is mostly superb. They have gone from releasing almost no catalog titles to putting out a really fair number each quarter. I continue to bring up the pricing issue, although I know Mr. Blythe has heard it a thousand times before on this forum, because I really would like to purchase many of the borderline (for me) titles, but just can't do so when so many superior movies are being released at lower costs. I can only hope a new price point emerges, around $19.95 for bare-bones catalog titles, to compete with similar price cuts from most of the other studios.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks