What's new

Paramount- How about a anamorphich rerelease of DAYS OF THUNDER? (1 Viewer)

Brett Cameron

Stunt Coordinator
Paramount,

The current dvd of Days Of Thunder has one of the worst transfers I have ever seen. Is an anamorphic rerelease possible(how about this time with some extra features)?

Brett Cameron

Stunt Coordinator
My taped version off HBO from like 91 in LP mode has just about the same picture quality as this dvd. This needs to be reissued in anamorphic.

TedD

Supporting Actor
The second half of this film's transfer is particularly bad, with a vertical jitter that makes it unwatchable, at least on my system.

Ted

Martin Blythe

Second Unit
I find this criticism of the transfer hard to believe. However, since I haven't watched it, I cannot comment for sure. It is very unlikely that we will revisit this film in 2002 but I think eventually we will undertake a 16:9.

Bjorn Olav Nyberg

Supporting Actor
I agree, you guys are spoiled (or just lucky) if you think Days of thunder is bad. But then again I have the Region 2 version.
I'd still like to second the suggestion :)

Brett Cameron

Stunt Coordinator
Martin,

I suggest you check out the transfer on this one, it is truely awful. Paramount is one of the few studios I can count on for great picture quality on catalog titles(Ghost, Ferris Bueller- excellent work), so I can understand how you find it hard to believe that Days Of Thunder can look that bad.

Jerry Gracia

Supporting Actor
I concur,
DAYS OF THUNDER looks very bad compared to many of the current anamorphic DVD releases.
Martin,
Simply compare the DVD of DAYS OF THUNDER and MISSION IMPOSSIBLE 2...I believe you will see a huge picture quality difference.
DAYS OF THUNDER needs re-mastering on DVD, if feasable.
Thanks for your time, Martin!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks