Paramount: Have you reconsidered Star Trek:Animated??

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by todd s, Apr 19, 2002.

1. todd s

todd s Lead Actor

Just wondering if you have reconsidered your decision regarding releasing the Star Trek:Animated series?

Thanks!

ps-Thank you so much for the TNG discs.

2. Martin Blythe

Martin Blythe Second Unit

No

3. george kaplan

george kaplan Executive Producer

Understandable, but a bummer nonetheless.

4. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

I'm editing this post to show the same content, but to make it perhaps a bit more respectful in tone to Martin. Noone asked me to: I simply reread it this morning, and realized that I sounded rather flippant when I wrote it. That's not a good way to make your point, so I apologize. Here's the re-write:
    This subject has come up before, and Martin said "no" then, too. Martin, I've decided to hold off trying to influence you right now, and just revisit this entire subject with you again after all the other ST series are out. After all, Paramount will still be interesting in selling Star Trek product after all the live-action series have all been released to DVD, and perhaps after TOS is revisited in season box sets (I'm convinced that will happen down the road, though a long way away).
    I'm hope the ST:TAS on DVD decision isn't written in stone, and I'm pretty sure the profits are there for the studio and everyone else involved. I understand the complete LD set was fairly popular, given the proportions of LD sales at the time.
    [​IMG]
    So, unless there's a new legal issue in the way since the complete LD set was released, I can't imagine why this wouldn't come about sooner or later. I'll patiently wait.
    I don't know if this influences you at all: There's a lot of this junk floating around out there, both on and off the internet. But not for me, jack! I'll wait for the real deal, and I hope everyone else does, too.
    Thanks,