PARAMOUNT DVD and DTS...tough hopes ahead

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by YANG, Sep 23, 2001.

1. YANG

YANG Second Unit

Although PARAMOUNT had made an announcement several months back on upcoming releasing of their first entries of DTS DVDs,the films selected are mostly NICKLEODEON's kid flicks...which DTS dosen't seems to be able to draw lots of attention to most adult listeners.
    Sigh...

2. Tom-G

Tom-G Screenwriter

That's fine with me. It's a step in the right direction. I'm sure it will be only a matter of time before Paramount titles are re-released with a dts track.
    ------------------
    As for the bad rap about the characters--hey, I've seen space operas that put their emphasis on human personalities and relationships. They're called "Star Trek" movies. Give me transparent underwater cities and vast hollow senatorial spheres any day. --Roger Ebert on The Phantom Menace

3. rutger_s

rutger_s Supporting Actor

I think this a good decision.
    Think about this...
    How many real families know how good dts sound is? Oh sure, some families may have a father or mother, maybe both, who are audiophiles and want the best sound possible. But many families do not know the differences.
    I mean a man will love U-571 in dts and a woman would love The Story of Us in dts but very few family titles are presented with this option.
    Ok. Buena Vista Home Entertainment has been providing the dts option and it is opening the market for Digital Theater Systems.
    It is better than Warner Brother's initial and only offering of mainly adult and teen titles. The same with Columbia Tri-Star's inital dts offerings of mostly adult film titles.
    ------------------