What's new

Paramount: Deep Impact SE - please (1 Viewer)

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
I would love to see a well done SE of this movie, tied in with documentaries on real life impacts, the dinosaur extinction, and the imminent ELE that is sure to come in the near future. And while we're at it, give it a 16x9 transfer. Please give this movie some justice.

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
Paramount, I will continue posting with hope that this will someday be released. Please release.

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
And I'll keep seconding this.

Along with a request for an anamorphic version of Hunt for Red October.

Especially now that K-19 is out and will probably come to DVD.

Martin Jeeves

Supporting Actor
I'd love to see an anamorphic enhanced Special Edition of "Deep Impact".

Paramount also consider:

Top Gun (16x9 enahnced SE)

Titanic (16x9 enhanced SE)

Jack Ryan Trilogy (16x9 enhanced SE)

Ladies and Gentlemen The Fabulous Stains (16x9 enhanced SE)

Thanx.

Bingo

Stunt Coordinator
Sign me up!

Deep Impact was one of the first two DVDs I ever purchased (the other being the original Austin Powers)

I would upgrade in a second for 16X9 and some extras!

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member
Neil, I'm not thread-crapping. I just want to point out to you that Paramount has been pretty darned good about getting us what we want. They're also pretty good about monitoring this forum. Thus, they probably have seen this thread.

That said, will it do any good if one person repeats the request 100 times? It will mean you REALLY want it, but that's already a given. It won't make Paramount release it any sooner. It would be different if 100 different people posted saying "me too". But there's just no way they're going to invest in a re-release at this point just based on the request of a few people.

You either have to wait until their own research shows it would be a big seller, or you get a lot more people supporting your request.

For the record, I liked the movie as well. I have selfish reasons to want a re-release since Paramount is my favorite studio at this point when it comes to DVD. But given that I have a version on DVD now, and all the other things Paramount is putting out for us, I'm content to wait on this one for awhile.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks