PARAMOUNT: confirmation needed about Star Trek DVD

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Bertrand B, Aug 4, 2003.

1. Bertrand B

Bertrand B Extra

There has been a report that Voyager was coming in 2004, and also the original series the same year.

"The other tidbit I can pass along is that Paramount will begin releasing the season collections of Star Trek: Voyager beginning in 2004. They will be done with DS9 by year's end. After Voyager will come collections of the original series, since the shows were released as individual discs with two episodes each. I've asked Paramount about doing feature interviews with the producers of the Trek series DVDs as well as Star Trek V: The Final Frontier, due in October, and if they happen, you'll know about it." dvd.ign.com

Could someone at Paramount confirm this? It would be such good news. Thanks!

2. Martin Blythe

Martin Blythe Second Unit

I'll only confirm that Voyager is coming next year.

3. Bertrand B

Bertrand B Extra

Thank you for your response!

4. JamesSBarr

JamesSBarr Extra

Now we should put other questions forward like:

1. When can we expect the Star Trek VI and Generations SE Discs and what can we expect from those discs?
    2. Will First Contact, Insurrection, and Nemesis get the SE treatment?
    3. Will TOS ever get the Season box set treatment like TNG and DS9?

Also, I have a question. With the releases of the ST II, III, and IV Collector's Editions, will the original 1-Disc DVD releases of those films remain available and will the future re-releases of such Star Trek SE DVDs replace the already existing releases? (I would expect the original Star Trek II release to remain active since it is the original theatrical cut.)

I must say that ever since I got the Star Trek: TMP Director's edition on DVD, I've been impressed with Paramount's treatment of the films and have managed to get them when they came out. If only they had done that the first time.

5. Rob Gardiner

Rob Gardiner Cinematographer

Here's the sixty-four thousand quatloo question:

Will we ever see the theatrical release of ST:TMP, (original cut, original effects, original soundtrack) on DVD?

Or how about the animated series?

6. Jeff_HR

Jeff_HR Producer

7. Osato

Osato Producer

Looking forward to Voyager, the rest of the Star Trek theatrical films and hopefully the Animated series at some point.
    Thanks Martin!!