What's new

Paramount catalog output about to increase? (1 Viewer)

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson

Couldn't agree more strongly. Ace in the Hole is easily my most wanted DVD of all films yet to make their debut. In fact if somebody told me that I could only buy one movie for the rest of my life, but I could choose anything, this would be very much in the running. What are you waiting for Paramount????

Jay E

Senior HTF Member
Seeing the # of westerns that Paramount is releasing in May, they might indeed be increasing their ouput, but the quality of the films leaves much to be desired.

Gordon McMurphy

Senior HTF Member
I had the feeling that you might agree with me, Eric! :D

Ace in the Hole is a monumental piece of American Cinema. I think it is considerably better than Sunset Blvd. and that it ranks with Kazan's, A Face in the Crowd as the best 'edgy' American movie of the Fifties and both films are brilliantly constructed, shot and edited. Both films are so dark that it is quite startling on the first viewing - Ace knocked me out when I first saw it; the dialogue is outrageously bitter; Kirk is astounding, I think its his best role; the character arc is amazing.

Anyway, you can see I love this movie and it pains me when Paramount announces a new slate of catalogue titles and Ace isn't on it. The Conformist also, but Ace will ultimately be the bigger seller.

Everyone I know - all of my film buff chums are as obsessed with If... as I am and every 'want list' I seem to read contains If... so the reason why Paramount hasn't released it yet is quite perplexing. Maybe they feel that the black and white parts will cause confusion today in the mass market arena, who knows.

A new print of If... made the rounds in the UK in 2003 and it looked great, so there is no problems with the elements.

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
Jessica is a 70s horror classic. I'd love to get a full SE of that baby!!:emoji_thumbsup: Zohra Lampert's still around, so maybe she'd do a commentary?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks