What's new

Paramount August (1 Viewer)

Bradley-E

Screenwriter
The Hollywood Reporter (Today May 11) reports that Paramount DVD will release in August CLUELESS:Whatever Edition, TOMMY BOY:Holy Schnike Edition along with Collector's Editions of THE TRUMAN SHOW, WITNESS, THE HIGH AND THE MIGHTY and ISLAND IN THE SKY. Very cool stuff!

Scott Temple

Supporting Actor
Clueless (Whatever Edition) will be mine for sure. Alicia Silverstone is great. I may also pick up Tommy Boy (Holy Schnikes Edition).

John Hodson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I finally cracked and just bought Witness...that'll teach me to be careful among them English.

Providing the extras are decent, I'll cheerfully buy it again.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert

Since, both of these John Wayne films are some of his least seen by the general public, it will be interesting to see how many units they sell of them. I'm buying both of them because it will give me the chance to hear the Duke whistle that terrific Tiomkin score again while seeing "Island in the Sky" for the very first time.

Crawdaddy

John C

Stunt Coordinator
Will these editions be known as Witness: The Witnessed Edition, Truman Show: The Showiest Edition, The High and the Mighty: The Mightiest Edition and Island in the Sky: The Cloudy Edition? These "cutesy" Special Edition monikers are lame!

CraigL

Screenwriter
Witness will be the 20th anniversary edition. I'm assuming since Truman show is coming out as well that they got Peter Weir to do a commentary or at least provide some more extras (like the deleted scenes shown in network TV).

It's funny, when you look at the poster art for "The High and The Mighty" it says the film was distributed by Warner Brothers. How did Paramount get the rights to this film?

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
As with "Island in the Sky", it was independently produced by Wayne-Fellows Productions who struck a distribution deal with Warner Brothers. Paramount recently acquired the video distribution rights for numerous films from the Wayne-Fellows and Batjac catalogs from the Wayne estate.

Regards,

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
Assuming we get some decent extras, I'll rebuy "WITNESS". And "THE HIGH AND THE MIGHTY" will be mine as soon as possible. :D :D

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
That leaves a mere four months in 2005 in which to get out the titles we've all been begging for for years:

ROBINSON CRUSOE ON MARS
PHASE IV
NAKED PREY
CRACK IN THE WORLD
etc.

This new list does not indicate any step-up of catalog releases from Paramount, as was rumored. In fact, last year, their catalog releases numbered about a dozen every month. It was pretty amazing.

Gordon McMurphy

Senior HTF Member

I, too have money waiting, Paramount! But Ace in the Hole and The Conformist are still the Paramount Holy Grails, for me.

Tom Brennan

Screenwriter
Real Name
(see above)
I'll buy Witness only if it has the correct audio. The last DVD left out a crucial line of dialogue. When Book is shot by McFee, on the shot of the blood hitting the dry cleaning, you're supposed to hear (in voice over):

Schaefer - Who else knows about this?

Book - Just you and I.

This is dialogue from earlier in the film, and key to establishing the villian.

MikeEckman

Screenwriter
It will be nice to finally have an anamorphic version of The Truman Show. I held off on that title all these years for that simple fact.

I may even consider Tommy Boy.

If Paramount reads this, good job on your re-releases, but come on, we need a Days of Thunder: The Thunderest Edition to come out with at least a decent anamorphic transfer!!!

Does anyone know where I can find out information about the current status of distribution rights for films? I'm looking into stuff on John Wayne's films in particular. I'd like to be able to find out the same info for any film, but for the moment, info about dist. rights for Wayne's films would certainly suffice. Thanx!

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
Originally Posted by Chris A

Does anyone know where I can find out information about the current status of distribution rights for films? I'm looking into stuff on John Wayne's films in particular. I'd like to be able to find out the same info for any film, but for the moment, info about dist. rights for Wayne's films would certainly suffice. Thanx!

Are you looking for theatrical distribution rights?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks