Paramount - Audio Mistake Made on Spongebob DVD

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Andy_S, Mar 16, 2002.

1. Andy_S

Andy_S Second Unit

There seems to be a mistake made on the audio portion of the new Spongebob DVD. It occurs in the episode "Something Smells" at about 3:40 into the episode (Chapter 5).
    This is how the scene is supposed to go:
    Spongebob: "Patrick, something weird is going on. Everyone keeps running away from me. Watch." (Spongebob walks over to building)"HI BUILDING!" (Building moves away from Spongebob, rumbling loudly). (Spongebob walks up to Patrick) See? I just don't get it.
    Patrick: Me Neither.
    This is what happens on the DVD:
    Spongebob: "Patrick, something weird is going on. Everyone keeps running away from me. Watch." (Spongebob walks over to building)See? I just don't get it.
    Patrick (off screen): Me Neither.
    (Building moves away from Spongebob, no rumble heard). (Spongebob walks up to Patrick) See? I just don't get it.
    Patrick: Me Neither.
    Those characters say the same lines twice rather than the correct "Hi Building!" and then the rumbling of the building moving away.
    Not a huge deal, just thought you'd like to know. Maybe it can be fixed before the next round of pressings?
    Andy

2. Andy_S

Andy_S Second Unit

Just so no one gets the wrong idea, I don't have every episode memorized. Just this one in particular happened to be on Nickelodeon recently and I remembered this scene.

3. Sean Conklin

Sean Conklin Screenwriter

I will watch for that.

My 3 year old daughter and I are very happy to have Spongebob on DVD however, and if this is the only noticeable flaw then we can live with it.

Not to downplay this error, I want my Spongebob as accurate as possible!!

How about some more Paramount?

We love Spongebob!