What's new

Paramount: Any Plans for Titanic SE?? (1 Viewer)

Paul Chi

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Paul
I was wondering if there is any plans for a Titanic Special Edition in the works. I have been waiting forever to buy this disc. The current edition is too bare bones for me to buy at $24.99. I know that many people like me would buy this title in a heartbeat if there was a SE verision. Paramount please consider doing a special edition. Thanks!!

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
I'd buy a Titanic SE. I know a lot of people like to slam this film, but I think it's pretty good. Hook us up!

Tom Brennan

Screenwriter
Real Name
(see above)
I refuse to buy the current bare bones, non anamorphic version. I currently own the DTS Laserdisc release, which is far superior. Paramount, you need to include this fantastic DTS track on any future DVD release.

Luis A

Second Unit
I also own the DTS laserdisc version of Titanic, and would gladly buy an Anamorphic/DTS/SE on DVD.:)
L

Larry Sutliff

Senior HTF Member
Heck, I have both the current DVD and the Laserdisc and I will still buy this title again if it's made available in an anamorphic transfer(special edition preferable of course).

Jonathan_

Second Unit
I want two things for this disc. 16x9 enhanced and DTS. Everything else is gravy. Maybe by this time next year we will have a SE of Titanic.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Paramount, I know that a great SE is inevitable, just please pack it with as much material as you can find, make it anamorphic, and include A GREAT 5.1 MIX either Dolby Digital OR DTS.
One thing that I have my heart set on, is a commentary track by historians Don Lynch, Ken Marschall, and Bob Ballard. In fact, you could just leave out the DTS track and use the disc space for that.
Considering that this is the highest grossing film in worldwide box office history, AND the winner of 11 academy awards, I would expect nothing less than a SE that rivals even the 'T2 Ultimate Edition' content wise. This is no ordinary film. And I know that Van Ling could come up with animated menus that top even his greatest works including 'SW EP I'.
I've even thought of a name for this dvd, you could call it Titanic: the First Class Edition DVD. Cool huh?
Please Paramount, I know that your at the Mercy of James Cameron on this one, but the wait for fans of this film is getting unbearable! I mean what's Cameron waiting for? Perhaps Martin could give us an update on the status of this title.
Anyway, when the time comes, give us a dvd set as big, grand, and luxurious as the Titanic herself was. I'd shell out any amount you asked for it too. Thanks.

Sean Conklin

Screenwriter
Allright! As a Titanic Fanboy myself, I too would pay any price for a proper, loaded, SE release!

This movie deserves the finest, so count me in for a SE Paramount!

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
This really needs a special edition. Heck, just an anamorphic transfer with DD & DTS would be enough for me.

-Dave

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler
John,
"Titanic-First Class Edition" I Like it! :emoji_thumbsup:
Martin,
I think Ive told you before that I want this disc as well. If you can include a DTS track that would be gravy. What Im hoping for is the deleted scenes most of which were historical.

John Stockton

Second Unit
Please make the SE a two disc, so that the main feature will be as least compressed as possible.

All the extras will go on the second disc of course.

Thanks

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the update, Mr. Blythe. Please count me in as a sale, I would be up for buying anything (anamorphic re-release to full-blown multidisc SE) that offers an improvement for this film.

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
I also have the current non SE, non 16x9 version. I consider it one of the best films around so if they came with a 2 disk SE with dts then I would buy the new version and sell the old one. Bring it on.

Jonathan_

Second Unit
Mr Blythe,

From your perspective is a late 2002 rerelease possible or is it more likely to come out in 2003? Thanks for all the information you provide to the HTF.

Sean Conklin

Screenwriter
If you take exception to what I feel is important on a DVD, to bad, keep it to yourself...geeeezzz, some people
Erik, that is not very nice, I don't think John was being that harsh to deserve that.
Besides a loaded Full bitrate DD track would be better than what we have now. John and others like me would be eager to have lots of extra's, because Titanic is just that kind of movie that would benefit from lot's of extra's.
Normally myself I am not a big extra's buff, and would prefer dts, but with Titanic I would prefer lot's of extra's over a dts track.
Although I'm sure Paramount could find a way to load it with extra's and a dts track! Like a SE double disc!:emoji_thumbsup:

Alex Morrow

Stunt Coordinator
If there was a release from Paramount that might have a dts track this would be it. But only if Mr. Camron asked them to put one on. My recomendation is to try and flood Jim with letters asking for the titanic dvd to have a dts track. The specified at one of the home theater meets that the only way they'd get into dts would be if someone like "tom cruise" asked for it. I'll hunt down the address for his production company.

On a side note, Paramount could easily compensate any additional costs for dts discs by changing over to a different disc manufacturer. Right now they use the most expensive one out there. If they switched over to someone like technicolor they could probably save a fortune in making discs and maybe even make the discs cheaper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks