Paramount: Any chance of Mission Impossible tv??

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by todd s, Jan 29, 2002.

1. todd s

todd s Lead Actor

I was wondering if anything new has come about this particular title? I know Martin Blythe mentioned a few months back that is has being discussed. But, nothing was planned. Hopefully, this has changed.

ps-Thanks for Star Trek:TNG season box sets!!!

2. Chris Brunner

Chris Brunner Second Unit

I was a bit too young to watch the original series, but I certainly appreciate it.

Call me crazy, but I REALLY enjoyed the updated Mission Impossible series from the late 80's. Peter Graves had a new team that included Barney's son (played by Phil Morris, Kramer's lawyer on Seinfeld).

Sadly, I think it's been forgotten.

C

3. Matthew Kiernan

Matthew Kiernan Stunt Coordinator

I recall Paramount put out several editions of the M:I TV series on LD (through Pioneer) but I don't think they sold very well. Still, they would probably sell enough discs to warrant a release.

Perhaps when the next film comes out?

4. todd s

todd s Lead Actor

Chris,

I also enjoyed the newer series. I have them on tape. But, the quality is poor. Same with the original show. I would have to think the original Mission Impossible is got to be one of Paramount's bigger dramas/action shows.

5. todd s

todd s Lead Actor

Bump, anyone? [​IMG]

6. Eugene Esterly

Eugene Esterly Supporting Actor

I know that I would buy the Mission Impossible TV show if it is released on DVD in season-by-season format. I love the old Mission Impossible TV show but I have never saw the 80's version.

7. Megan_A_D

Megan_A_D Stunt Coordinator

My experience is only with the 80s version but I'd at least rent the original version at first to see if I liked it enough to buy the original in addition to the 80s version.

Or rather I'd buy both and give the original to my mom, and watch some of it with her to see if I liked it enough to get my own set