What's new

Paramount Announces New Preston Sturges, Bob Hope!! (1 Viewer)

JohnPM

Second Unit
Good news on DVD Planet. Paramount's got three comedies on the way, including the long awaited "Miracle Of Morgan's Creek","Casanova's Big Night", and "Red Garters".

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
Great news!! Thanks for the heads up.

I know that Morgan will get everybody excited, but I am especially glad about Casanova. I've always been fond of this Hope title and it has an excellent cast.

Cheers to Paramount.

Steve

BrianRi

Stunt Coordinator
They list "Morgan's" as retailing for $14.95, so I'm betting that, unfortunately, the extras will be slim to none, and probably no restoration work on the print. I thought I had heard that Criterion might release this, no?

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
I'm not interested in these titles! Where in the heck is .....

JUST KIDDING! Just thought I'd start the whining early. Actually, I'm quite excited about Casanova's Big Night which is hilarious, one of Bob Hope's very best and Red Garters is one of the most unique musicals in Hollywood history.

ChrisPearson

Second Unit
To save anyone else the trouble of searching, these are out on 6 September.

Not necessarily. The Jerry Lewis films available from Paramount retail at this price and most are loaded with extras and all look great. Of course there are plenty of other barebones Paramount discs at the same price.

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
"The Miracle of Morgan's Creek" is among my top two or three comedies of all time. Perhaps it's because my great grandfather's name was Ratskiwatski or something like that. ;)

Regards.

Charles H

Screenwriter
The only survivor of THE MIRACLE OF MORGAN'S CREEK is Betty Hutton. Although MIRACLE is her favorite film, she is a bit reclusive (although she did do a wonderful interview with Robert Osborne a couple of years ago). This film has been in gestation a long time as a "special edition"--even before Eddie Bracken's death a couple of years ago and it would be wonderful to have something as an added attraction to one of the greatest films ever made. I'd even take ROCKABYE BABY on the flip side.
As for RED GARTERS, this is an unusual western spoof and stylized stylized musical with a wonderful score by Livingston and Evans, a terrific cast (Clooney, Guy Mitchell, Buddy Ebsen, Gene Barry, and Jack Carson). Because of the deliberate artificiality of the sets, it looks like a flat version of a 3-D movie!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks